This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH - JJ Turn C-bet

• painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.16)
      Hero ($5)
      BTN ($3.02)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:diamond:

BTN raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, BTN calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.92) 5:heart: Q:heart: 9:diamond:
      Bet for protection and value. (9x, PP, drawing hands)
      Hero bets $0.65, BTN calls $0.65

TURN ($2.22) 5:heart: Q:heart: 9:diamond: 2:heart:
      Vs a normal stack I would have Bet/folded, but here a bet would commit me to the pot and isolate vs the part of his range that beats me, so I check.
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.92 (AI)
      I didn't think of this as a check to induce, but it probably does this alot of the time, as he can represent a flush very well, because he also has it often. Though I see many PP, 9x do this just to take it down, I don't think it happens often enough to justify a call.(32% 2,2:1 pot odds)
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think the stack size is irrelevant and you should ALWAYS check JJ here on the Turn. you have no value in a bet and it~s too strong to turn into a bluff.

I prefer c/f though, you having 2 Jacks block many possible straight draw combinations that he could have. you~ll need him to turn a ton of 9X into bluffs and also have many flop floats in order to justify a c/c