NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.44)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($3.81)
      UTG+1 ($3.16)
      CO ($4.78)
      BTN ($6.22)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, fold, BTN raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.08, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, SB calls $0.25
      The 3-bet calling range I give him: QQ-JJ,A2s+,KJs+,AQo+, I notice now that I am not ahead of this range. Does this mean it is a wrong 3-bet? He will give up some times as his steal range is abit wider, but still?.
      FLOP ($0.85) A:club: Q:club: K:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.68, SB raises to $3.09 (AI)
      His c/r narrows his range quite a bit. Only hand I see in his range that I beat is a KcXc, as I find weak ace combinations unlikely for him to push, though he may do this.(only 8 hands so far) Maybe some weird SC but unlikely, as I already showed with his 3-bet calling range
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi

i would squeeze larger to 40-50 cents. if not i expect you to get called a lot by both players (you are giving them really great odds to overcall)

on the flop this is a very easy check. our hand has very good showdown value and we are put in a tough spot if we get checkraised (folding vs a flush draw is a huge mistake but getting it in vs KQ and AQ is not very good).

just check, and we can call almost any turn and river (unless something like double clubs come on T and R).
    • painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      You would just x/c down here hoping he has lower Ax or a weaker pair or an aggressively played flushdraw?
      Does this happen that much more often than him having or hitting a better hand?

Also, this board, is it actually dry, though it looks wet? Dry in the sense that he is rarely drawing to any of the present draws? Straightdraw is rare, and flushdraw too, but his checkraise looks like one or two pair with either flushdraw or backdoorflushdraw.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

The board is super wet theres no way its dry. With that said with med strengh hands we want to try playing more passively on earlier streets to keep the pot smaller and to induce bluffs or thin value bets from worse aces.

Protection is overrated a lot by beginners with weak or medium strength hands. Netting for value and protection is only impt when ur hand is strong. Not so much if ur hand is weak.

Also we arent too afraid of straight draws. We have one ourselves and a j gives us twopairs which beats kq kj etc