This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH - AKo C-bet in 4bet pot

• painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.20)
      BB ($3.28) (46/18 and 4,5 % 3bet over 111 hands)
      Hero ($5.67)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($6.16)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.99, BB calls $0.69
      Still have no clue what this min 3-bet normally means, but it feels like a move to induce a raise. However he is quite loose. His likely holdings are: JJ+,A9s+,KJs+,ATo+
      FLOP ($2) 4:diamond: 5:club: J:diamond:
      Not a very juicy flop for any of us, though I still feel he would call a C-bet with a big part of his range, and he barely has a PSB left, meaning he probably feels committed. Shoving here is possible, but I dont think many worse hands will call and all better will.
      BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($2) 4:diamond: 5:club: J:diamond: T:diamond:

BB bets $2.29 (AI)

Here he often senses my weakness and pushes with a weak holding to take it down, however, with nothing but overcards and a 1 card FD, the bet of over pot size feels to expensive, but the range I gave him (JJ+,AKs,AJs-A9s,KJs+,AKo,AJo-ATo) gives 42 % equity, and with 35 % pot odds maybe the right move is to call?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi

im calling the turn. i agree with the flop check if we think he has many worse broadways. betting only folds out worse and isolates ourselves against his pocketpairs.

On the turn we have a good combodraw which has 25% equity vs made hands. We are getting 35% pot odds. add some KQ and AQ combos to this guy~s range and we probably have enough equity to call it off.