DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $4.12 - VPIP: 51, PFR: 2, 3B: 0, AF: 2.2, Hands: 169
      CO: $5.73 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 4.0, Hands: 96
      Hero (BTN): $4.02 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 4.3, Hands: 14030
      SB: $1.67 - VPIP: 42, PFR: 5, 3B: 7, AF: 1.7, Hands: 108
      BB: $4.60 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 2.7, Hands: 92
      UTG: $3.54 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 2.0, Hands: 419

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A :spade: Q :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB raises to $0.14, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.30) J :spade: 2 :spade: J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.58) 5 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $1.39, Hero folds

I always feel like I must call a CB when I called a 3bet preflop. I just cannot fold here. Is it a leak, or calling with overcards is okay after we called a 3bet?

He wasn't seen check-raising a lot previously, so I decided to float; I would never win the showdown here with no improvement, so why not. The problem is: should I float only on scare cards? Representing a Jack is kinda dumb I guess...there's only two in the deck, and my preflop line isn't full of jacks (AJs maybe).

...as if fish was concerned with my preflop line... :f_biggrin:

Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop calling the 3bet is kind of close since he looks rather passive preflop and has quite a small PFR.
      I think it's not a huge mistake though, considering we have position and are given pretty decent odds, but I'd be very cautious postflop.

So on the flop I'd actually prefer folding. If we call here then we have to have a plan how to play the later streets and how exactly we are going to achieve our plan.
      Overall there's no need to float against these guys unless you know they for example bet the flop a lot and then check/fold the turn quite frequently.

As played on the flop, I do think that checking back will be a good option. You can hardly make a better hand to fold (probably even AK is calling and PPs are always calling here), and with AQ high you have decent SD value. Also by checking you can avoid being check/raised.
      So my plan will be to check the turn and try to take a free SD if possible.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      So we always play fit fold on the flop without reads that a float would be profitable? We hit a pair+ 30% of the time, right? So it's still kinda profitable, but only against a small raise...

Or we also add here the possibility that opponent won't CB, and it's overall +EV even against a normal raise?

EDIT: oh, and we add implieds, of course. It's definitely enough now, if our pair will be the best hand most of the time.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, we can hit some draws to continue too, and as you said we can pick up the pot when he checks.
      Overall, against these fishy guys I think we don't need to float to win against them - so we can just wait for our pair to come and just stack him off.