CO posts $0.10
      CO posts $0.05

Dealt to Hero J:heart: J:club:

fold, fold, CO checks, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.10) 9:club: Q:spade: 5:spade:

Hero bets $0.93, CO calls $0.93

TURN ($2.96) 9:club: Q:spade: 5:spade: Q:club:

Hero ?

Villain is a fish, 41/9 34 hands <- this is after, he was basically an unknown random stack, blind poster fish.

Can we bet/fold on the turn (with any size), and if we can't, is it better to ch/fold, or to bet/call?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Clickbox,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: The flop cbet is thin for value so let's not make it too big. Even though villain is unknown the stack size and post in CO tells us he is fishy.

Considering his stack size it's hard to assume he folds much on the turn so we can still go with the hand. If we knew more about him we can also check to him to let him bet his floats and weaker hands.
    • Clickbox
      Clickbox
      Bronze
      I really didn't see that flop bet being thin to be honest, he can have a bunch of 9xs, TT, a number of gutshots, OESDs, FDs, all of which is going to call a bet this big, since we can assume that he's going to be very fishy, right?

I understand, that you would bet the turn then - but would you be bet/calling? With the way I played this hand on the flop, it would be pretty hard to bet/fold on the turn, after my turn bet I had ~12% PO I believe, and I can definitely see myself have that much EQ there against his range. I really thought he'd be less likely to have a Q there, and I thought he'd also be more likely to pay me off with second pairs on this card. Since he's a fish we can assume he's not folding draws on the turn either?

Or, you would just cbet smaller on both flop and turn, and you would have more room to bet/fold that way? I agree in the way that we don't really know much about villain, so it's possible he's not really pushing on the turn with anything weaker than trips.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Clickbox
      I really didn't see that flop bet being thin to be honest, he can have a bunch of 9xs, TT, a number of gutshots, OESDs, FDs, all of which is going to call a bet this big, since we can assume that he's going to be very fishy, right?

I understand, that you would bet the turn then - but would you be bet/calling? With the way I played this hand on the flop, it would be pretty hard to bet/fold on the turn, after my turn bet I had ~12% PO I believe, and I can definitely see myself have that much EQ there against his range. I really thought he'd be less likely to have a Q there, and I thought he'd also be more likely to pay me off with second pairs on this card. Since he's a fish we can assume he's not folding draws on the turn either?

Or, you would just cbet smaller on both flop and turn, and you would have more room to bet/fold that way? I agree in the way that we don't really know much about villain, so it's possible he's not really pushing on the turn with anything weaker than trips.
      Considering his stack size we can't really bet fold. What we could do is bet to induce a raise from weaker hands (of course this is villain dependent).

So we can bet something like $1 and call it off. The downside to that is that we may give him a cheaper turn card for certain draws but a lot of fish will take that as a sign of weakness and shove a lot (even 9x).
    • Clickbox
      Clickbox
      Bronze
      Yeah, that sounds cool, I actually see fishes react to small bets like that often, so that's probably a far superior line to the one I chose.

Thank you!