[NL2-NL10] nl10Sh AJo vs minraise

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

Both are unknowns tbh.

OMG I hate minraises, I never know what to do vs them.

BUT can I call otf here? Because he might turn some TT (hands like that) into a bluff. If he barrels the turn again it's an easy fold, but he's going to check all his bluffs ott. And when he does that I know I'm good almost always.

Otr he might bluffbet again and I should have an easy call with this thought process.

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $9.77 (97.7 bb)
      Hero (CO): $10.25 (102.5 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $11.82 (118.2 bb)
      BTN: $2.04 (20.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.10, 2 folds, BB calls $1, MP calls $0.70

Flop: ($3.35) 9 7 A (3 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $1.60, BB raises to $3.20, 2 folds

Results:
      $6.55 pot ($0.32 rake)
      Final Board: 9 7 A
      MP mucked and lost (-$1.10 net)
      Hero mucked J A and lost (-$2.70 net)
      BB mucked and won $6.23 ($3.53 net)

Thanks!

RasTweet
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi RasTweet,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Against unknown do you expect to have a ton of value betting that flop?

I would check back and play the turn (since there's no info between us).

As played I'd still bet/fold against unknown because he may even do this with better Ax and then he can still ck turn. Even some sets/2p can take a similar line. I do agree with you that it could be a bluff as well but 3-way with potentially fishy guy behind (shorter stack) I doubt you'd get bluffed a lot.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Bogdan!

Yeah u r right there is no value in betting the flop. I like checking behind.

But what if he leads ott? I mean we have to bluffcatch then?

Thanks!

RasTweet
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey Bogdan!

Yeah u r right there is no value in betting the flop. I like checking behind.

But what if he leads ott? I mean we have to bluffcatch then?

Thanks!

RasTweet
      Pretty much.

Our hand is a bluff catch and since we checked back people generally try to steal the pot because your hand looks weak (like a PP checking back).
    • MeAmor22
      MeAmor22
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by BogdanPS

Postflop: Against unknown do you expect to have a ton of value betting that flop?

So Bogdan you said that in spots like this its better to chk back to let them bluff on later streets?
      I always in this kind of spot i am concetrated and pleased with taken down the pot.

ty
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MeAmor22
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

So Bogdan you said that in spots like this its better to chk back to let them bluff on later streets?
      I always in this kind of spot i am concetrated and pleased with taken down the pot.

ty
      I do get what he means, because if we bet we are turning our hand into a bluff. So we are bluffing with TP.

Why are we bluffing? Because not many worse hands can call us.

But once you check many other hands can bet.

Regards

RasTweet
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      [quote]Originally posted by MeAmor22
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

ty
      MeAmor,

Why would we want to just take down the pot with TPGK in a spot like this?

If we had 76s or 78s or even T8s sure that would be nice. But with Ax we should aim for some value.