This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - KJs: TP vs weird play

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      25/22/
      3.3af
      86% fold bb vs co steal
      9% call
      22% donkbet
      67% fold donkbet vs raise (6)
      62% fold vs cbet oop
      47% wwsf
      4.8k hands

BB: $25.75 (51.5 bb)
      UTG: $33.35 (66.7 bb)
      MP: $25.90 (51.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $55.50 (111 bb)
      BTN: $68.27 (136.5 bb)
      SB: $76.10 (152.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:club: K:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) 6:diamond: J:heart: 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($4.25) 2:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $6, Hero :evil:
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Why do you minraise in the CO?

I would raise flop for value in this spot.. 22% donkbet is worse hands for value and some draws, might not be sets depending on how he views you.

As played, I think he has showdown value so would bomb the turn. When he raises he doesn't really rep much... The problem is no info basically because it's kind of a stupid line that makes his barreling range very weak or very strong depending on what he has here (all his nuts or air).

Personally, I'm a bit of a non-believer vs a reg in this spot and I call to play rivers (sizing is also like: please let me have it, it doesn't look like a value hand). After 4.8k hands though you should have a very good idea of what he is doing... I believe not knowing is a serious leak here.. get to reviewing his showdown hands and find out what are his ranges! :f_cool:
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      I dont know how many hands i have played against him, but not much, since im back playing NL50 after a few monts and only played 6k hands now. I have datamine hands, thats why i have almost 5k from him.

When i have only regs after and especially MSS i just mini raise.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would open 2.5bb from CO with midstackers behind.. your range is not that wide.. 2bb should also work, just a suggestion.

In this hand there's merit for fold, call or shove but you can't know which is best if you only use stats. My default when I play is to not fold just because of him representing some strangely played value hands but also bluffs.