[NL20-NL50] nl25 KK

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $30.74 (123 bb)
      SB: $11.14 (44.6 bb)
      BTN: $14.52 (58.1 bb)
      CO: $27.47 (109.9 bb)
      MP: $46.64 (186.6 bb)
      BB: $48.38 (193.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) Q 3 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($1.85) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BTN raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.20

River: ($6.65) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $11.37 and is all-in, Hero calls $11.37

Results:
      $29.39 pot ($1.46 rake)
      Final Board: Q 3 Q T Q
      Hero showed K K and lost (-$14.52 net)
      BTN showed Q A and won $27.93 ($13.41 net)

This hand was a bit sick. Have a tiny sample on villain but he’s been a bit active – 3betting, raising and calling… I didn’t cbet the flop since I expect him to fold pretty much everything but Qx. I can’t count on him having TT/JJ or something here and so I think if he calls me he’s pretty narrow..

On the turn when I get minraised I still think I could be ahead since I underrepped my hand on the flop (is this a level?) so I call and plan to bluffcatch any non-diamond/non-A river. I felt pretty happy at first and was thinking about check/minraising the river. I’m not too sure about this line, but basically my thinking was that it might induce from Tx or JJ, and he might call with some other hands but i’m not sure he’d call those same hands if I checkraise bigger.

When he overbets it’s disgusting imo. I tend to make this move a lot when I have a monster and am pretty sure I’ll get called by a worse hand. Felt so messed up but I didn’t know if I should/had the willpower to lay this down. I felt like I was beaten but I know it’s only a very few combos of Qx that he can have here. Don’t even know what other hands play this way…

[edit] Even thinking about it now I don’t know what non Qx hands he has that play this way.. he minraised the turn. He wouldn’t do this with Tx or JJ. Maybe pocket TT but then they don’t overbet the river imo. Interesting hand!
  • 1 reply