This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH JJ overpair vs aggression

• NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $19.90 (99.5 bb)
      CO: $33.87 (169.3 bb)
      BTN: $24.37 (121.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      CO calls $0.20, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.20, BB calls $1, CO calls $1

Flop: ($3.60) 4 3 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BB folds, CO raises to $5, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($13.60) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $13.60, Hero calls $13.60

Villain 45/10, 6.5AF (40h) - no reads, looks like an aggro fish

Flop: Should I only call? If I raise, do I get paid by anything worse?

Turn: I check to let him bet in case he was bluffing (high agg), when he bets pot I am inclined to call since in my mind most players with monster hands would bet smaller here to get calls.

Should I just fold turn even though his play looks suspicious and just wait for a better spot? Was my flop play ok?

Ty
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Nightshade,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Against an aggro fish we can let him take the initiative and we just bluff catch.

Depending on what we've seen from him I would most likely not fold to his turn bet (once we call flop).

Have you seen him do anything on those 40h (or bet sizing)?
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      hey Bogdan, ty for the feedback

I was playing quite a few tables so I didn't see something out of the ordinary from him...

On the flop, I lead because I am OOP and didn't want to risk seeing cards that made the board worse vs 2 opponents. Should I just c/c?

Oh so you would be inclined to call the turn also, I was thinking it was a big mistake at the time.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by NightShadePMC
      hey Bogdan, ty for the feedback

I was playing quite a few tables so I didn't see something out of the ordinary from him...

On the flop, I lead because I am OOP and didn't want to risk seeing cards that made the board worse vs 2 opponents. Should I just c/c?

Oh so you would be inclined to call the turn also, I was thinking it was a big mistake at the time.
      Well, why do we call the flop if we plan to fold a blank turn (against an aggro fish)?

Since we are under the assumption that he is aggro we can also assume that he will followup with another bet on turn and/or river. With that being said we call the flop to call down or just fold there (no point in putting more money if we are just folding turn).