[NL20-NL50] set

    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,321
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      ハンドをプレーする

      $0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $164.09
      SB:
      $46.34
      BB:
      $51.59
      MP2:
      $79.82
      MP3:
      $50.75
      CO (Hero):
      $54.47

      Preflop: Hero is CO with 5, 5.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BU folds, SB calls $1.00, BB folds.

      Flop: ($3) 5, 9, A (2 players)
      SB bets $1.86, Hero calls $1.86.

      Turn: ($6.72) K (2 players)
      SB bets $3.53, Hero raises to $8.75, SB raises to $43.23, Hero calls $34.48.

      River: ($93.18) J (2 players)

      Final Pot: $93.18.

      his stats in 140 hands  vpip22 pfr18 af2  wtsd33 flop donk 33 turn donk 100


      my play was okey?
      and can I ask something which is not related to this hand?
      how much bb/100 do I need on NL25 to play on NL50?
  • 12 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Hi Daisuke,

      Preflop: Is it our standard to only open 2.5 in the CO? Was BTN really nitty (or the 3 guys behind us) so our range is much wider?

      Postflop: I would not slowplay there versus his donks. First, he is not full stacked so he may be a recreational player and second I think that he can donk a lot of Ax hand (especially with clubs).

      So I want to raise the flop and get the money in there before the turn and river scare him (or us) away.

      I'd raise flop to $5 or so.

      As played I like our turn raise and of course we are stacking off there.

      As to your other question, what's your sample at nl25? That's really important (have you seen my videos on variance?).

      Are you rolled for nl50?
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,321
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

      Preflop: Is it our standard to only open 2.5 in the CO? Was BTN really nitty (or the 3 guys behind us) so our range is much wider?

      Postflop: I would not slowplay there versus his donks. First, he is not full stacked so he may be a recreational player and second I think that he can donk a lot of Ax hand (especially with clubs).

      So I want to raise the flop and get the money in there before the turn and river scare him (or us) away.

      I'd raise flop to $5 or so.

      As played I like our turn raise and of course we are stacking off there.

      As to your other question, what's your sample at nl25? That's really important (have you seen my videos on variance?).

      Are you rolled for nl50?
      well I played 127510 hands on NL25
      is it enough?

      and where is the video you are talking about?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by daisuke3823

      well I played 127510 hands on NL25
      is it enough?

      and where is the video you are talking about?
      And how did you do over these 127510 hands?

      The videos I'm talking about are "The Mental Game: Variance in Poker" series.

      First episode: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/25155
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,321
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Originally posted by daisuke3823

      well I played 127510 hands on NL25
      is it enough?

      and where is the video you are talking about?
      And how did you do over these 127510 hands?

      The videos I'm talking about are "The Mental Game: Variance in Poker" series.

      First episode: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/25155
      well,its not good,it just +1,1bb.. :f_mad:
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,321
      but recent 30000 hands is +5,2bb
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      but recent 30000 hands is +5,2bb
      The thing is you will rarely ever know your true winrate and since your game changes all the time (even if just because you post hands) your winrate will change.

      I'd say that as long as you have the bankroll and have done ok at the previous limit you can always try the new limit (in this case 50nl).
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Joined: 01.04.2012 Posts: 2,720
      "I'd raise flop to $5 or so.
      As played I like our turn raise and of course we are stacking off there."

      Why only raise flop to 5$, thats almost like miniraise? You tell me always to raise bigger, so here at least 7.5$.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      "I'd raise flop to $5 or so.
      As played I like our turn raise and of course we are stacking off there."

      Why only raise flop to 5$, thats almost like miniraise? You tell me always to raise bigger, so here at least 7.5$.
      We are not playing a fish and we are raising a donk bet from a regular.

      It's a bit different than scenarios where we play massive fish that have a ton of draws/Ax hands that can call a big raise.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,321
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      "I'd raise flop to $5 or so.
      As played I like our turn raise and of course we are stacking off there."

      Why only raise flop to 5$, thats almost like miniraise? You tell me always to raise bigger, so here at least 7.5$.
      We are not playing a fish and we are raising a donk bet from a regular.

      It's a bit different than scenarios where we play massive fish that have a ton of draws/Ax hands that can call a big raise.

      I played 10000 hands on 50 NL,but result is -5bb :f_mad:
      how to win there?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      I wouldn't be results oriented over such a small sample (have you watched at least my first video? It's short and tells you a LOT about possible variance, especially in 6 max).

      Do you feel completely outplayed? Or are you holding your own ok?

      Also, it might take a bit of time to adjust with the limit (bet sizes, etc.) so 10k is not a sample to make a decision on.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,321
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      I wouldn't be results oriented over such a small sample (have you watched at least my first video? It's short and tells you a LOT about possible variance, especially in 6 max).

      Do you feel completely outplayed? Or are you holding your own ok?

      Also, it might take a bit of time to adjust with the limit (bet sizes, etc.) so 10k is not a sample to make a decision on.


      yes,I played okey.
      today I found out EV, on 50 NL,I was losing about 100$ for bad luck.
      but on 25NL,NETWON was +287$, EV was - 287,very bad.

      so I think 50 NL is too fast for me ,right? I am not correctly value betting,and did bad slow play, over played AA,KK,QQ.
      until half of 120000 hands,I was losing so much.

      and should I use note more? everytime I find something about opponents,should I note it?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Hi Daisuke,

      I see. Well if you do not feel comfortable at 50nl despite having the roll for it then you can move down for a little longer to work on your game.

      It's possible that you have moved up a bit too soon (based on what you said so far and some of the hands you posted).

      Ideally you'd want to review your sessions and at least during those reviews you can make some notes on players, more so if those players are coming back to play with you often.