NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.18)
      BB ($7.20)
      UTG ($3.49)
      UTG+1 ($4.58)
      Hero ($8.75)
      BTN ($6.43)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: A:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.82) J:diamond: A:spade: 4:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.82) J:diamond: A:spade: 4:diamond: 2:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.82) J:diamond: A:spade: 4:diamond: 2:heart: Q:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Hero shows 9:club: A:club:
      (Pre 31%, Flop 89.6%, Turn 95.5%)

BB shows T:spade: T:club:
      (Pre 69%, Flop 10.4%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero wins $3.20

• 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: In the small sample that we have he doesn't like folding to 4-bets. We are also deeper so I don't mind calling here preflop and playing IP with this hand.

Postflop: He seems to be a bit of a calling stations postflop so I don't mind cbetting the flop there as we would with most of our range. Or were you afraid of a ck/raise?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Pretty much, i am willing to call 2 bets from him with my ax. On flop flush defense is not as important as pot control and inducing. As you see his w$sd i can't just bet bet bet.

Is our card good for a call ? He has ton of aces that dominate me.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Pretty much, i am willing to call 2 bets from him with my ax. On flop flush defense is not as important as pot control and inducing. As you see his w$sd i can't just bet bet bet.

Is our card good for a call ? He has ton of aces that dominate me.
      He seems to only bet oop when he has it (32% over 28 hands) so when checks the turn we almost always have the best hand.

Since he isn't super aggro and can't expect him to turn made hands into bluffs I'd say that it would be really thin to bluffcatch two streets. What sizes were you thinking of calling?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Normal sizes, don't think we can fold a half pot at the river after turn. But if he bets only river with a normal size then i am obviously just calling, not like i see 2 streets of value in it.

If i see that he want to play for stacks like potting turn then i would fold right there.

You would call his 3b to float flop then take it later if he gives up ?

Can't see that call as value so we must be planning some bluffs.
    • 2jun22
      2jun22
      Bronze
      it seems like 4BET size was pretty small.
      if i were you i would have bet 1.2~1.4
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Normal sizes, don't think we can fold a half pot at the river after turn. But if he bets only river with a normal size then i am obviously just calling, not like i see 2 streets of value in it.

If i see that he want to play for stacks like potting turn then i would fold right there.

You would call his 3b to float flop then take it later if he gives up ?

Can't see that call as value so we must be planning some bluffs.
      He does 3-bet quite a bit and our hand has some equity against his 3-bet range. Of course we do have to attack pots in which his range is rather weak.

As far as the 4-bet size goes 2jun22 I do agree that it could be bigger, especially deeper.