Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.13)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($7.61)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($5.86)

Dealt to Hero 5:club: 5:heart:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.17, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, BTN calls $0.28

FLOP ($0.92) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($0.92) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:club: 2:club:

Hero bets $0.42, BTN calls $0.42

RIVER ($1.76) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:club: 2:club: 3:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

BTN shows T:heart: T:diamond:
      (Pre 80%, Flop 90.0%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows 5:club: 5:heart:
      (Pre 20%, Flop 10.0%, Turn 4.5%)

BTN wins $1.65

I took the worst line but real missed opportunity, once he checks the turn its unlikely he has tp+ so he is folding to 2 barrels but doubtful to one.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Darcsharp,

Preflop: Why do we 3-bet a hand like this versus him? Considering his postflop stats I'd imagine he isn't the hardest guy to play against (50% cbet). What's our 3-bet range versus him?

Postflop: As played we should bet the flop and turn/river if needed.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yeah my plan is actually only works ip ^^ , can't really barrel him twice now if he checks turn :)

You are right bet flop/turn with half pot is the way to go if i bother, or just give it up flop 3b alone should show profit, his range mainly QQ-TT,AJs+,AJo+

1. QQ-TT
      Hopefully folds to a 2. barrel, likely calls one. There is a chance of him calling both because of my stat i had about 30/26 over 200

2. AK
      wasted effort

3. AQs-AJs,AQo-AJo
      very likely that folds to one

Whats your plan if you call, fold to any cbet and hope for a checkdown, and how it is better than already +ev 3b ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      We could also play with donks vs someone like him, and also some ck/raises. He does cbet less but it doesn't mean he always has value. And since he goes to showdown a bit less (for 6 max) he probably folds a lot (although in this sample he folded 1 of 4 cbets to raise).

But 3-bet is probably easier to play overall and we'll show an immediate profit.