This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 55 6

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.13)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($7.61)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($5.86)

Dealt to Hero 5:club: 5:heart:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.17, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, BTN calls $0.28

FLOP ($0.92) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($0.92) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:club: 2:club:

Hero bets $0.42, BTN calls $0.42

RIVER ($1.76) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:club: 2:club: 3:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

BTN shows T:heart: T:diamond:
      (Pre 80%, Flop 90.0%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows 5:club: 5:heart:
      (Pre 20%, Flop 10.0%, Turn 4.5%)

BTN wins $1.65

I took the worst line but real missed opportunity, once he checks the turn its unlikely he has tp+ so he is folding to 2 barrels but doubtful to one.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Darcsharp,

Preflop: Why do we 3-bet a hand like this versus him? Considering his postflop stats I'd imagine he isn't the hardest guy to play against (50% cbet). What's our 3-bet range versus him?

Postflop: As played we should bet the flop and turn/river if needed.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yeah my plan is actually only works ip ^^ , can't really barrel him twice now if he checks turn :)

You are right bet flop/turn with half pot is the way to go if i bother, or just give it up flop 3b alone should show profit, his range mainly QQ-TT,AJs+,AJo+

1. QQ-TT
      Hopefully folds to a 2. barrel, likely calls one. There is a chance of him calling both because of my stat i had about 30/26 over 200

2. AK
      wasted effort

3. AQs-AJs,AQo-AJo
      very likely that folds to one

Whats your plan if you call, fold to any cbet and hope for a checkdown, and how it is better than already +ev 3b ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      We could also play with donks vs someone like him, and also some ck/raises. He does cbet less but it doesn't mean he always has value. And since he goes to showdown a bit less (for 6 max) he probably folds a lot (although in this sample he folded 1 of 4 cbets to raise).

But 3-bet is probably easier to play overall and we'll show an immediate profit.