NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($5.02)
      BB ($7.57)
      UTG ($4.63)
      UTG+1 ($6.27)
      CO ($4.83)
      BTN ($6.43)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, BTN calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.95) 7:spade: T:diamond: K:club:

Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60

TURN ($2.15) 7:spade: T:diamond: K:club: 7:club:

Hero bets $1, BTN raises to $2, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($6.15) 7:spade: T:diamond: K:club: 7:club: 7:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero folds

BTN wins $5.74

I had trouble fighting this guy
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Darcsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What sort of trouble did you have? If he played back versus 3-bets a lot I wouldn't 3-bet QJo preflop.

Postflop I'd play this hand in a similar fashion except that I would size my bets different.

Why do we bet 2/3 on the flop just to bet less than 1/2 on turn?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      My reason for bigger flop cbet was to fold out his worse than tx hands more reliably then turn was to fold tx too.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      My reason for bigger flop cbet was to fold out his worse than tx hands more reliably then turn was to fold tx too.
      If he called Tx on the flop I'm not sure he folds Tx to your less than 1/2 pot bet. And at that point Tx makes a smaller part of his range (along with JJ).

Back to one of my other questions. What sort of problem has this guy given you?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He was bit of an unknown steals constantly, calls 3bets lot of times compared to his button open, also aggro, not folding to cbets.

BB vs SB it was manageable

Overall not the biggest fan of playing marginal hands oop, for possibly stacks, and tried to keep a loose value 3bet range against him, qj is the bottom of it.

Probably something like this
      77+,A9s+,KJs+,QJs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      He was bit of an unknown steals constantly, calls 3bets lot of times compared to his button open, also aggro, not folding to cbets.

BB vs SB it was manageable

Overall not the biggest fan of playing marginal hands oop, for possibly stacks, and tried to keep a loose value 3bet range against him, qj is the bottom of it.

Probably something like this
      77+,A9s+,KJs+,QJs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo
      I would stay away from the more marginal offshore Broadway and some of the pairs. Playing oop with very little playability postflop ducks (vs someone like him).