NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      Hero ($7.03)
      UTG ($2.69)
      UTG+1 ($3.78)
      CO ($10.15)
      BTN ($5.27)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, CO calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.52) 7:club: Q:spade: K:diamond:

Hero bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30

TURN ($1.12) 7:club: Q:spade: K:diamond: 6:spade:

Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70

RIVER ($2.52) 7:club: Q:spade: K:diamond: 6:spade: K:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero folds

CO wins $2.36

• 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Darcsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: This guy seems a bit of a calling station so I don't like betting the turn there with J high (without looking at betting many rivers). I doubt we have a ton of FE on that blank.

Since we bet the turn I feel that we can bet this river as a bluff to get him to fold better draws (AT/AJ, other weaker draws that may bluff us) and possibly 3rd pair type hands (unless you've seen him be a calling station in which case the turn bet is bad). A bet of 1.5 or so should do the trick and our bet only has to work ~36% of the time
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He maybe loose but he is aggressive and he is likely to take a stab at the turn if i check so i rather bet hoping to fold out his worse than qx hands.

What do you do if you check turn ?

How much you call ? We are still oop so imp is lower.

I didn't expect him to have worse than qx by river and kx pairing have the perfect excuse of those to call so i skipped it.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      He maybe loose but he is aggressive and he is likely to take a stab at the turn if i check so i rather bet hoping to fold out his worse than qx hands.

What do you do if you check turn ?

How much you call ? We are still oop so imp is lower.

I didn't expect him to have worse than qx by river and kx pairing have the perfect excuse of those to call so i skipped it.
      He doesn't seem that aggro but if you think he bets often and has lots of floats can't we ck raise as a semibluff?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I doubt it we don't have enough info for it, he just likes calling and his af is high considering his vpip. All we know he is least betting half the time into us if we don't cbet which is probably much higher on the turn. I rather fold out weak holdings and floats.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I doubt it we don't have enough info for it, he just likes calling and his af is high considering his vpip. All we know he is least betting half the time into us if we don't cbet which is probably much higher on the turn. I rather fold out weak holdings and floats.
      From the info we have he is not that aggro on the turn.

Anyway if you expect him to call that wide on the flop we can bet the turn with some equity but personally I feel that with two Broadway cards down there he won't just have random floats or weak pairs often.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I may have to cut back on my aggressiveness because either people catch on based on my stat or not folding anyway. For ex in this 2,5h session i made this hand i had 6+ AF, only session of 6 af i actually made money other two lost 10 bi(played few weeks ago), doing 3.5 seem to be working usually.

I did many 2-3barrel bluffs as you saw which should have worked but didn't, but they were based on many assumptions probably could do without them.

I am not sure, but your reasoning makes sense.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I may have to cut back on my aggressiveness because either people catch on based on my stat or not folding anyway. For ex in this 2,5h session i made this hand i had 6+ AF, only session of 6 af i actually made money other two lost 10 bi(played few weeks ago), doing 3.5 seem to be working usually.

I did many 2-3barrel bluffs as you saw which should have worked but didn't, but they were based on many assumptions probably could do without them.

I am not sure, but your reasoning makes sense.
      The problem with the lower limits (at least 2-25 nl) is that people do NOT fold a lot in spots that they should fold in. So that means that we have lot's of calling stations so we need to value value value.