This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AKo against 3b deep

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 298.32 BB
      SB: 30.16 BB
      BB: 116.16 BB
      Hero (UTG): 158.4 BB
      MP: 55.6 BB
      CO: 193.28 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:spade: A:club:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: (21.4 BB, 2 players) K:heart: J:spade: 6:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 14 BB, Hero calls 14 BB

Turn: (49.4 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 32 BB, Hero calls 32 BB

River: (113.4 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 107.76 BB, Hero calls 102.4 BB and is all-in

BTN shows Q:heart: K:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Twos) (Pre 26%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows K:spade: A:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Twos) (Pre 74%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
      BTN wins 0 BB
      Hero wins 306.2 BB

470 hands, VPiP 25, PFr 19, 3bet 6, from BTN 3bet 2.
      in 3bet pots, cbet flop 4/5. turn 2/2, river 1/1

I hate to get 3bet deep with AK. Should I fold preflop, flop, turn, or river?
      I was sure I lose from the start. I dont like even more when I call AK deep and I hit, and villian is betting. What do I expect to win against here? QQ, is not barreling so, KQ also playing very carefully so deep. I lose against KK, AA, JJ, and AK can also play aggresive here.

Is it better to 4bet/ fold here? If I do so, I get the same problem when he calls my 4bet.

Once I called this preflop, and hit on flop, does it make sense to fold any street here? I was wondering, why did I call preflop if I am going to fold later when I hit.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Given starting positions, 4bet/folding doesnt achieve anything. just call and keep his worse hands and light 3bets in.

as played, i completely agree with the way you played the hand. Your hand is not strong enough to raise and too weak to fold. So just Call call call