BTN: 77.32 BB
      SB: 145.52 BB
      Hero (BB): 154.36 BB
      UTG: 28.8 BB
      MP: 240.68 BB
      CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 10 BB, Hero calls 9 BB, CO calls 7 BB

Flop: (30 BB, 3 players) 9:heart: 4:diamond: 3:heart:
      SB bets 20 BB, Hero calls 20 BB, fold

Turn: (70 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:
      SB bets 48 BB, Hero calls 48 BB

River: (166 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
      SB bets 67.52 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 67.52 BB

SB shows 8:heart: T:heart: (Flush, Ten High) (Pre 20%, Flop 39%, Turn 34%)
      Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Sevens) (Pre 80%, Flop 61%, Turn 66%)
      SB wins 289.04 BB

SB 470 hands, VpiP 26, PFR 19. 3bet 7. In 3bet pot cbet flop 4/5. turn 2/2. river 2/2

I saw him 3betting with ATo, AJs, T8s, KQo.

Should I 4bet/fold here?

I call because I am IP, and I think when I 4bet he folds all weak hands, and continue better hands.

Should I raise, or fold any street? I think If I raise, I isolate against better hand.
      Also, I dont think he 2 barrels with JJ, TT, AK, AQ here, so I was sure he has AA, KK.
      But why did I call preflop, if I am going to fold any street here with overpair?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Im assuming you never have a cold 4bet bluff range here? Vs someone aggro i would very often 4bet/fold with hands like KQo and AJo (hands not strong enough to call). And i would happily stack off QQ all day cos they may 5bet bluff me or just ship AQ or AK even. but that~s at higher stakes which is irrelevant to you.

If you dont really have any sort of 4bet bluffing range, i would expect the 3better to react very tightly to you. so 4betting QQ for value 150bb deep makes completely no sense. So Coldcalling the 3b is fine, though it makes your hand range very tight and easily readable.

I think your postflop line is fine. call down and hope he turns AK or AQ into a bluff. river sucks and i think he does have some semi bluffs which get there but still he could be bluffing with overcards and your odds are really good. nice hand
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I do 4bet cold bluff very often, but I target people who 3bet a lot. Is deception important here? Few times I asked about deception, and I was getting answer that I shouldnt pay attention at this level, because people dont pay attention so much about my play. And I played with guy 450 hands only, so I dont know if I 4bet bluffed him, and how many times, and even if I know, he probably doesnt know.

"cos they may 5bet bluff me or just ship AQ or AK even. but that~s at higher stakes which is irrelevant to you. "

I watched videos e.g NL400 and people go often with AQ all in. But in NL25, I never saw someone going even with QQ deep all in. Most of people call 3 or 4bet even with KK, and mostly when I end up all in they have AA.

so I think if I 4bet here, he will fold all weaker than QQ (because cold 4bet looks strong) and he will coninue with KK,AA.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      to 4bet here...

1) You must cold 4bet bluff sometimes, and have a wide 4betting range
      2) He must know this (he must have seen you do it to him) i.e. There is aggressive dynamic between both of you
      3) He must be willing to fight back.

So 1 is applicable. You are not sure if 2 is applicable. 3 is not so likely when you are playing NL25. So I think Coldcalling the 3bet seems to be a more suitable option for you in this case.

Sometimes you can cold 4bet for value. I dont think his only options are to jam or fold. if you make it only 2X i think he may defend with suited connectors sometimes especially when you are deep which is great.