This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] A9s

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 534.08 BB
      SB: 126.4 BB
      BB: 33.96 BB
      UTG: 90.6 BB
      MP: 105.2 BB
      CO: 104.04 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, CO calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, SB calls 4.6 BB, fold, CO calls 4 BB

Flop: (16 BB, 3 players) A:heart: 7:diamond: 6:diamond:
      SB bets 11.4 BB, CO calls 11.4 BB, Hero raises to 529.08 BB and is all-in, fold, fold

Hero wins 47.72 BB

CO 36 hands, fish,
      SB 94 hands VpiP 48, donk 3/5 on flop.

Is my push ok? I think SB bluffs, and CO has Ax which might be better than mine. Or he also has fd and SB has Ax
      I didnt want to play passive because if I dont hit flush, very often they would have higher kicker.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

1) do you think CO folds a stronger AX hand?
      2) if SB is semi bluffing with a weaker flush draw do we want him to fold?

i think your play doesnt achieve anything. you fold out mostly weaker hands and get called by most better hands.

i prefer calling, and playing some turns. our hand is really strong and we can call almost any turn and decide if we are good or not on the river.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      "1) do you think CO folds a stronger AX hand?"

In NL10, people would call very often with AQ+ my push.

In NL25 this doesnt happen especially in 3way pots. I would expect them to call only with sets here.

If we assume that one of them has fd, then we have 7 outs for flush. And flush comes in that case once in 4 times, and when it doesnt come I most likely lose against stronger Ax. So with my push if they fold I win 38BB and risk around 100BB. I expect them to call with sets, where I still have equity, and if they call with stronger Ax, I am not much behind.
      So I expect them to fold here often, and if they do it e.g. 2 times and call once I think I am already in plus. ?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you said CO is a fish. his calling range here includes AJ and AT for sure.

Thus i think your play still doesnt achieve anything. unless you are saying that you have a ton of value against A2-A8. I think he has way more combos of AJ AT AQ than A2-A8.