ring games vs zoom

• Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      I was wondering: how do you find the micros ( NL10 for example ) in zoom games compared to the micros in normal tables? Is there anybody who would like to share his thoughts about this subject?

Is it just me or it's a lot more difficult to crush NL10 zoom than NL10 regular tables? I think that the hand selection is a great part of poker and by playing zoom, anybody can fold until they see a good hand that they can play, so patience is no longer a virtue. On the other hand, in regular cash game tables, you will wait 30 sec to 2 min to see another set of hole cards...

Thank you !
  • 4 replies
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      Pros and cons of both tbh. Imo though it's better to play 6 or 9 tables of normal ring games rather than zoom.

Ring games you have game dynamic of the players at your table, Zoom you do not as every hand is a new table.

Some will argue you can see alot more hands playing zoom, truth is you may see 1,000 hands per hour playing zoom and only 500 hands multi tabling ring games. Games in zoom play tighter than ring games which have two main points to consider: winrates per hundered hands will be lower in zoom as will the number of VPP's. This will be made up by playing twice as many hands though.

From a long term perspective if you're looking to crush poker you are better off playing ring games. You'll learn more playing ring games and develop more as a player, zoom can get very robotic. Some will argue $/hr could be higher in zoom, but remember poker is about fun as well as making money. I would rather earn slightly less an hour and have WAY more fun rather than earn a little more and have WAY LESS fun. Poker is a balancing act between: Profit, Fun & Potential (Potential been how much room for growth your current game offers, ie: are there games at all stakes? Or do they die out by low/mid stakes?).
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey guys,

I think jonnyjm hit the nail on the head with most of this answer although I slightly disagree with some of it :D

Our coach EmanuelC16 has released a couple of Zoom videos in the last few weeks and they are well worth looking at. He talks about common misconceptions of Zoom vs. regular tables and I think it's very interesting and correct.

Rahica, you'll have to grind some to watch it as it is silver status but well and truly WORTH it.

I'll move this topic to our PokerStars board and see if we can get any further thoughts.

Have a great Sunday,
      Gary
    • Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      Tx for the answers guys !

@jonnyjm Very good analysis and a very interesting point of view ! I never thought about it that way. Zoom does get robotic.

@HollyMichelle Thanks for the video. Unfortunately my pokerstars account is not affiliated with pokerstrategy.com and I wanted to do something to change that but I'm out of ideas. I would've had gold easily on pokerstrategy... Can I ask pokerstars to delete my current account and open a new one to affiliate it with pokerstrategy? ( or is it a better way to do this? )

Thank you !
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Unfortunately, you can only have one account on any poker room. Making a second account would break their terms and conditions and probably lead you to losing rights to both accounts as well as any funds you had in them.

We partner with many different poker rooms and silver status is VERY achievable with only a handful of poker played within 30 days!

You can also buy a status of your choice - click here for more information!

Hope this helps!