ALERT: sneaky inactive account charges and currency exchange swindle at Titan Poker

• daviddem
      daviddem
      Bronze
      I did not use my Titan account for a few months, only to find that these nice folks had been completely emptying it via their "inactive account fee" or whatever they call it.

This is stated in the small print of their terms and conditions (anyone who read them until the end, throw me the first stone).

They never sent any warning email, or account statements or bills for the charges.

They refused to reimburse the money when I complained, hiding behind their terms and conditions.

Add to this the money that disappears when you do currency exchange on their site and their sh*tty software...

Well f*ck you Titan poker. You're a disgrace. You deserve to fail. You represent everything that gives online poker its bad name.

I know other sites charge these as well, but they at least send reminders, and are not hard asses when a player requests his money back (Party Poker did refund me for these, after I missed their warning emails).
  • 18 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey daviddem,

Nothing you can do here unfortunately. It is in their terms and conditions as you've stated.

There are plenty more poker rooms to play at so the best thing to do is to put this down to experience and move on!

Regards,
      Gary
    • daviddem
      daviddem
      Bronze
      Sure I'll survive, but I wanted to post this warning to hopefully prevent this to happen to others, and I must say as a bit of payback to Titan: I would be extremely glad if my post looses them more money in $$$ they won't steal from other players than they made out of me.

As for me, they certainly won't get a single cent out of me ever again.

I would also like to see sites like pokerstrategy (hopefully by poker players, for poker players) clearly highlighting such practices in their official review of the poker sites.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I would also like to see sites like pokerstrategy (hopefully by poker players, for poker players) clearly highlighting such practices in their official review of the poker sites.

So you want PokerStrategy to go through the terms and conditions for you? Come on, take some responsibility here! This practice has been mentioned on plenty of occasions in the past on our forum.

At the end of the day it is up to each every individual to read the terms and conditions. You wouldn't sign a contract without bothering to read any stipulations etc only to find out something you didn't like later on?

My own personal 2 cents :)
    • daviddem
      daviddem
      Bronze
      Well when you review a site you certainly analyze costs like rake, why not also mention other costs like exchange rates and extra fees?

Not saying it's bad you don't. Just saying it'd be good if you did.
    • daviddem
      daviddem
      Bronze
      This swindle has been well documented on other forums. I searched for the info here but could not find it, so I thought I would pass it on, so you can make informed decisions about whether you should play there. It will really massively affect your bottom line if you play the micros in multiple currencies.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/important-info-ipoker-players-883575/

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/news-reviews-discussions/important-info-ipoker-players-182801.html
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Merged your secondary thread to this one as you had mentioned this in your opening post.

I don't believe there is any need to have two threads

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      I had a feeling about that do. As seen many stories about 888 currency convertion probs also. Also if u scroll down in that thread: === $100 reload bonus and VIP Premier League Raffle === u will see me asking about paddy power same question. I was too lazy to read trough terms & conditions, must admit that.

I just wonder is that true what they did answer there or anyone can prove otherwise?
    • RogerTitanRep
      RogerTitanRep
      Bronze
      Hi Daviddem,

Titan Poker automatically sends each player an email, a month before the first inactive account fee will be charged, to inform about this fee. Daviddem, can you send me your nickname so I can look into this? Or send it through the forum administrators of PokerStrategy so they will pass it on to me.

Cheers,

Roger
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Roger,

Thank you for your post. You can click on Daviddem's profile and add him as a friend. When he accepts you can then talk in private and exchange contact details :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Pokerstrategy obvsiouly won't dwell too much on the negatives of poker rooms (of which ipoker has plenty). It supports their business to choose to "neglect" such things in order to more people to sign up to rooms etc.
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      I appreciate the warning.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I had the same thing happen to me at partypoker a few months ago. They also make a profit on the exangerates :) . Maybe more people should come forth in this thread if they know off other sites with hidden costs.
    • daviddem
      daviddem
      Bronze
      I did yet another search through my email archives, and there is no such email.

PM sent to Roger with my account details.

Agree with the conflict of interest of Pokerstrategy and all the other poker forums as well. But at least I appreciate that they do not censor posts, even if they could hurt their interests.
    • MisterHomes
      MisterHomes
      Bronze
      Here is the current statement on inactive accounts from the Titan Poker terms of use. With 11.1, what does it mean to have 'not placed any stake in your account'? Does this mean one does not make a deposit, or is it one does not play any tournaments, or one does not log in for 6 months? I'd like some clarification here.

11. Inactive Accounts
      11.1 If you have not placed any Stake in your Player Account for a continuous period of one hundred and eighty (180) days (the “Grace Period”) your account shall deemed to be inactive.

11.2 Once your Account has been deemed Inactive we will be entitled to charge you maintenance fee (the 'Inactive Account Fee'). We may deduct an amount up to the Inactive Account Fee from your account balance commencing on the last day of the Grace Period and then every thirty (30) days thereafter in accordance with the Inactive Account Fee Schedule. If we deem Your Account Inactive for a period of twelve consecutive calendar months, in order to safeguard your monies, we may withhold any remaining monies in Your Account and close Your Account. You may contact us to reclaim any such withheld monies within 5 years from the last date you placed a Stake.

11.3 We will stop deducting the Inactive Account Fee from Your account balance if your account is re-activated by placing a Stake or upon closure of your account in accordance with 8.5.

11.4 Inactive Account Fee Schedule is $10/£10/€10/DKK75/NOK75/SEK100/CHF10/AUD10/ZAR100.

11.5 All fees and charges are subject to change from time to time.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MisterHomes
      Here is the current statement on inactive accounts from the Titan Poker terms of use. With 11.1, what does it mean to have 'not placed any stake in your account'? Does this mean one does not make a deposit, or is it one does not play any tournaments, or one does not log in for 6 months? I'd like some clarification here.

11. Inactive Accounts
      11.1 If you have not placed any Stake in your Player Account for a continuous period of one hundred and eighty (180) days (the “Grace Period”) your account shall deemed to be inactive.
      This means that you haven't paid any rake in the last 180 days and would have nothing to do with deposits :)

Regards,
      Gary
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MisterHomes

11.5 All fees and charges are subject to change from time to time.
      Lol.

"We can do whatever the f*** we want, and you agreed to this without reading it"

:coolface:
    • MisterHomes
      MisterHomes
      Bronze
      So what you're saying is, say you are playing freerolls for a year, they would start deducting from your account?

Matthew
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Matthew,

I would ask Titan poker support these questions just so that we're all 100% sure and not misinformed ;)

Let us know that they say!

Regards,
      Gary