NutzAreOks blog

• NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Hey all!

First some details about me. I`m 24(yesterday was my birthday btw. :f_cool: ) and from Finland and based on that you can quess that I`m member of PokerStrategy.com Finnish community. :f_grin: And as you can see I work there as a moderator and I`m also assistant hand judge in our micro/low-stakes MTT hand evaluation thread.

When I found PokerStrategy.com couple years ago and while after that, I mainly played some micro cash games and tried to some basic things about strategies. Then in some point I manage to luckbox some money from tournaments on iPoker network and I was hooked in MTT world. :f_biggrin: After that I have made some decent results by playing tournaments
      in differend networks. Sadly I have been kind of forced to withdraw some money from my bankroll every now and then that I`ve been able to pay some bills and stuff. So my bankroll is not this point as big as it could be but it`s still decent bankroll to play some 5$-10$/15$ freezeouts and 1$-3$ rebuys. I`m a bit of brm nit anyway. :f_cool: And now I`m also in the point that I really don`t need to withdraw any money to my irl things.

So I decide to open a blog in here too (also have a blog in Finnish community) so maybe I can get to know some other MTT players and discuss about hands and stuff. And I thought that this way I can also improve my english language skills. :f_grin:

I may post later some more information about me but now I`m so hungry that I`m gonna eat some pizza that my girlfriend made yesterday for my birthday. :tongue:

So feel free to comment and if someone like to talk in Skype about MTT or something you can add me, just invite me first as your friend here. And sorry if there is some mistakes in the text. I`m pretty good in english but there could always be some small mistakes when I write here, hope you don`t mind. :f_grin:
  • 22 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Belated birthday wishes, happy new year and greetings from the English Community!

Your English is certainly a lot better than my Finnish :D

Good luck in your journey and hope to see you record many MTT wins!
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Belated birthday wishes, happy new year and greetings from the English Community!

Your English is certainly a lot better than my Finnish :D

Good luck in your journey and hope to see you record many MTT wins!
      Thanks and happy new year to you too and all the members here. :f_grin:
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      5xITM (one FT) yesterday but not any bigger cashes. In the last tournament I manage to douple up couple times and made it to final table but then bust out 9th place after I 3bet shoved from BU vs fishy villains UTG open w/AQ. He snapcall w/AK and I didn`t hit the queen.

I`m currently waiting that I get my new computer with 23" screen which I order little over week ago. I`ve been playing with this semi old laptop so long so I can`t wait to get that new computer and start to grind with it. :s_cool:
    • szoketomi
      szoketomi
      Bronze
      Only moderators are allowed to write into this blog? :coolface:
      Good luck on your road!
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by szoketomi
      Only moderators are allowed to write into this blog? :coolface:
      Good luck on your road!
      No. :f_grin: Like I said said, feel free to comment.

And thanks.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I`m too lazy what comes to blogging but I just don`t find anything interesting to write about. Not much to tell about poker either. I`ve played some tournaments yesterday and day before but without any decent results. I`m feeling like I`m kind of cursed in Ongame and iPoker at the moment. Well I won like week ago couple hundred bucks from Ongame tournament but otherwise I run quite bad in both networks. Obv I don`t play with huge volyme and I know how crushing variance could be in MTT so I quess I just have to play more and more.

Here is some Finnish rap music to you. In both videos is also our well known HS reg Ilari Sahamies. :f_cool: This first one I also post some time ago to the what you are listening right now -thread.

• NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Yesterday some sunday grindamentz, pretty tilting session. :f_mad:
      Only some mincashes from some turbos and in the last one I also manage be the bubbleboy.

I don`t actually tilt very often or if I do I don`t tilt very badly and usually I manage to somehow focus on other tournaments if bust one of them with some suckout or something. But yesterday this hand came when I had a good stack in Ongame 1,6k$. Villain is very active fishy player with vpip/pfr 57/38 after 43 hands.

On Game, $10 Buy-in (60/120 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: 2,310 (19.3 bb)
      MP3: 1,400 (11.7 bb)
      CO: 3,630 (30.3 bb)
      BTN: 960 (8 bb)
      BB: 1,685 (14 bb)
      UTG: 9,840 (82 bb)
      UTG+1: 1,360 (11.3 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): 6,985 (58.2 bb)
      MP1: 3,180 (26.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J A
      UTG raises to 240, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls 240, 6 folds

Flop: (600) 9 8 A (2 players)
      UTG bets 300, Hero raises to 775, UTG calls 475

Turn: (2,150) J (2 players)
      UTG bets 2,150, Hero calls 2,150

River: (6,450) 8 (2 players)
      UTG bets 6,675 and is all-in, Hero calls 3,820 and is all-in

Results:
      14,090 pot
      Final Board: 9 8 A J 8
      UTG showed Q T and won 14,090 (7,105 net)
      Hero mucked J A and lost (-6,985 net)

When I think this now I`m not sure if I even play it so well myself. Some thoughts:
      Preflop: Effective stacks with villain are 58bb and I have been 3betting couple times earlier so I decide just call. 3betting would be ok vs active raiser but if someone wake up to 4bet shove after me or something, it would be pretty discusting spot. Suited ace with good kicker is also a decent hand in multiwaypot and I`m still definitely ahead villains range.

Flop: I flop pretty hard and villain cbet 1/2 pot and I decide to play my TP+nutfd aggressive IP. If I get the pot down right away it`s ok but I think that villain also calls pretty often with some worst TP hands and draws and this time villain call my raise. Passive line is fine too but this way I also get the chance to potcontrol turn if I want to cause villain usually check the turn to me after flop raise.

Turn: Great card to me but then villain donkbet a pot. He could easilly hit to some two pair hand also. Of course there is some hands in his range that beats me but I have pretty often best hand here and I still have the nutfd. I may still done a mistake here in the though but it`s pretty hard to find a fold here vs player like that. When I played this hand I just thougt that "well I have so often best hand+nutfd, I let that guy to hang itself.

River: I missed the fd and villain shove and I have only 1/2 pot behind. River card it`s actually one of those cards that I did not like to see but IMO again vs villain like that it`s pretty hard to find fold button with top two pair so only option here is just make the call. Obv villain suckout hero on the turn with wellplayed gutshot draw...

I could play that hand differend way but maybe I should be more careful when that guy leads out with potsize bet on the turn. Oh well...
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Only for moderators ftw! Welcome to this side, Finns taking over EN community!
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      Welcome to this side
      Ty :f_cool:

Finns taking over EN community!
      This! :f_biggrin:
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I was thinking that I should share some pieces of Finnish music so maybe that way this blog would be more interesting. So now on I try to remember post some youtube videos atleast in every second blogpost. And maybe I edit couple videos to my older blogposts too. :)

There was already couple videos in my earlier blogpost but now I`m gonna post a song that I like quite a lot. It`s kind of compined rap and traditional song and it has been remade by Finnish rap artist (quite popular in here) Cheek. First recorded version of this song where made in 1947. And in 1960s female singer Katri Helena made it very popular song. Song name: Puhelinlangat laulaa (eng. Phonelines sings :D )

• NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Lets put here another song. Finland take part in Eurovision song contest with this song in 2009.

• Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      If you want to show something that Finland is well known in Germany, please post something from Eläkeläiset.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      If you want to show something that Finland is well known in Germany, please post something from Eläkeläiset.
      Or Korpiklaani...good grinding music with trashy grind in it. :s_evil:

• NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I will post some songs from Eläkeläiset and because we have a heavymetal band member in our community, I should post some DirgeEternal. ;)
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Finally I got my new computer last week and today I managed finally to set it up for some grindamentz. I played only 9 tourneys and cashed 2/9. I`m used to play like 3-4 tables same time so I had some small diffuculties when I earlier had 6 tables open but I just have to get use to it. :) It`s just so nice to play now. It was so horrible with that old superslow laptop.

Tomorrow some more grindamentz and hopefully there come some interesting hands too so I can update this blog with some interesting stuff.

Now, like Kyyberi suggest, here`s some Eläkeläiset for you. :D
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      There are 3 ways to get people to read your blog.

1) Post interesting poker strategy material
      2) Post pics of naked women
      3) Post pics of yourself fooling around drunk

I haven't done any of those, that's why the blog is slowly dying.

Your move, Sir.

:f_cool:

P.S. I will give 1 dollar to the first one who recognizes the original song in that Eläkeläiset youtube video.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      1) Post interesting poker strategy material
      2) Post pics of naked women
      3) Post pics of yourself fooling around drunk
      1)This! And I`m aware of that, I`m just so lazy writer. :(
      2)My girlfriend is not even aware that I write blogs here and Finnish community but If I would post some naked women pictures, she would somehow find out my blogs and she would be really mad at me. So I won`t do that. :f_biggrin:
      3) My drinking is really rare so it`s kind of impossible to get pictures like that, fortunately. :f_cool:

P.S. I will give 1 dollar to the first one who recognizes the original song in that Eläkeläiset youtube video.
      I have no idea...
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      1 dollar is still up for grabs!

You can send pics of naked girlfriend too, I don't think we would mind :D (just kidding).

If one dollar isn't enough to motivate masses, maybe I should ante it up and add 1 dollar each month until someone knows the song.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I don`t think this blog reach the masses. :f_rolleyes: