Preflop: Hero is SB with A T
      CO folds, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds

Flop: ($1.75) 4 5 J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.25, Hero raises to $3.50, BTN folds

Results:
      $4.25 pot ($0.21 rake)
      Final Board: 4 5 J
      BTN mucked and lost (-$2 net)
      Hero mucked A T and won $4.04 ($2.04 net)

Hi there!
      I have a preflop question there... what is the most profitable move in this hand?
      The opponent's play within 623 hands:
      26/23, 41rfiBU, Fold to 3b: 50, WTSD/W$SD: 30/35 (checked on PTR... not such a profitable player)
      Agression: 6/48, FlopCB: 88

So... in this situation what do you prefer? Resteal or CC?
      I thought I dominate many hands in his range and didn't mind to play OOP against him... that's why I flat called here.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello,

Preflop: Does he call a lot of 3-bets or does he 4-bet (the 50% he doesn't fold). If he calls a lot of 3-bets so we may have a 3-bet for thin value here.

Do we know how he plays in a 3-bet pot (ex: fold to cbet in 3-bet pot, aggression, etc)?

BB is also important in this hand. If he is an aggro player than we want to 3-bet the hand.

Given that you have 600+ hands we should at look at a few more stats before making our decision (unless you have reads/notes)
    • Csubakoppanny
      Csubakoppanny
      Bronze
      I didn't want to post the full stats under 1K hands, but there you go:)

SB is a 18/16 within 219 hands and folds 83% to steal from SB... CC is 6% from this position, so I didn't expect him to call there.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      We do need to base our decision on something right? And 623 hands is enough to give us an idea of how we want to approach this.

It looks like that before this hand he folded 6 times, 4-bet 4 times and called once (assuming this hand is counted in those stats).

If we were to base our decision on something it looks like he may be more inclined to 4-bet than call but of course this can be just variance (and how lucky he got).

However looking at his other stats such as really high cbet over the 47 hand sample and high aggression frequency along with a higher WTSD, lower W$SD he is probably the type of player that will bluff a lot and/or bluff catch a lot postflop so our ATs would play really well versus his wide BTN range (41% as of this sample but it's probably larger).

You can also see that he folded 4 times to ck/raises so far, so combined with his high flop cbet and our decent hand (that can flop equity to semibluff with) it makes for a better call recipe.
    • Csubakoppanny
      Csubakoppanny
      Bronze
      Thank's so much!
      Those were my assumptions too, when I chose CC there:)