Free Game theory lecture

• Bobbs
      Bobbs
      Bronze
      Hi,

if you are interested in poker in general and SnG play in particular this lecture might be interesting for you.

The online learning platform coursera.org is offering a lecture on game theory starting at 7.1.2013.
      The lecture will be six weeks long with a usual work load of 5-7 hours per week.

It is held by Matthew O. Jackson, a professor of Economics at Stanford University. It is completely free and you can get a statement of accomplishment if you pass the course.

Coursera.org - Game Theory

If you are curious how Nash equilibria can be found and what game theoretic optimal play is all about, this lecture will be amazing.

Cheers,
      Bobbs
  • 2 replies
    • meepwn
      meepwn
      Silver
      Yup, already enrolled. I don't think the course will involve any poker stuff, but it would be interesting nevertheless.
    • sorcier1111
      sorcier1111
      Bronze
      No, i think you will learn about cooperative and non cooperative games, bargaining problem, nash equilibrium, core and nucleolus in a cooperative games, bayesian games, hoteling's model,...

It's very very interesting but it's will not involve any poker stuff. Just economic's games ^^

Ps : i'm studying economics ^^