BTN: 108.68 BB
      SB: 206.48 BB
      BB: 100 BB
      Hero (UTG): 494.24 BB
      MP: 71.84 BB
      CO: 107.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: A:heart:

Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to 13 BB, Hero raises to 24 BB, fold, BB calls 11 BB

Flop: (51.4 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond: 8:club: J:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 19 BB, BB calls 19 BB

Turn: (89.4 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets 23 BB, fold

Hero wins 84.96 BB

SB 300 hands, VPiP 20, PFR 16, 3bet 3%, sqeeze 0/18.

Is my bet size ok on flop and turn? I think I dont need to bet larger or protect in 4bet pot? Betting so small was enough to get to all in on river, and because of his 3% 3bet I put him on QQ+, AK, so even AK might call so small bet, or push bluff.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: Why not 4-bet slightly larger since it's a squeeze and he 3-bet on the larger size. I'm assuming you don't really bluff for this size (if you ever bluff in this spot)?

I'd make it like 26 BB or so unless we have a ton of bluffs and we expect him to fold to 24 anyway.

Postflop: As played we can even check the turn to make it look like we are giving up. If he has QQ/KK he will go broke almost always. And if we check we give the chance to AK, maybe AQ to make a mistake (or catch a piece).
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I bluff with this size against people who sqeeze often and fold to 4bet often, so I do it quite often. People fold almost always with non premium cards, and I need to invest 21BB to win 19BB. So because of that, this is one of my favorite moves (and also cold 4bet), it looks stronger than 3bet and it needs to work less often than 3bet to be profitable.

Should I bluff 4bet against sqeeze larger? I think it doesnt matter much, he folds weak hands anyway? And if he wants to 5 bet bluff he needs to push anyway (which happens rarely in NL25)

"And if we check we give the chance to AK, maybe AQ to make a mistake (or catch a piece)."

Nice suggestion, I think he folded AK here, or TT. Could it be that he folded QQ, or even KK? Maybe my line looked very strong?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      I bluff with this size against people who sqeeze often and fold to 4bet often, so I do it quite often. People fold almost always with non premium cards, and I need to invest 21BB to win 19BB. So because of that, this is one of my favorite moves (and also cold 4bet), it looks stronger than 3bet and it needs to work less often than 3bet to be profitable.

Should I bluff 4bet against sqeeze larger? I think it doesnt matter much, he folds weak hands anyway? And if he wants to 5 bet bluff he needs to push anyway (which happens rarely in NL25)

"And if we check we give the chance to AK, maybe AQ to make a mistake (or catch a piece)."

Nice suggestion, I think he folded AK here, or TT. Could it be that he folded QQ, or even KK? Maybe my line looked very strong?
      Hard to say if he folded QQ/KK there. I doubt it especially if these guys are tight and fold a lot to 4-bets (when he calls he usually doesn't want to let go).

As far as your 4-bet size goes, if you bluff in spots like this too then your bet size is great.