[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AKo sqz pot

• NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $8 (40 bb)
      SB: $45.72 (228.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $20 (100 bb)
      UTG: $7.83 (39.2 bb)
      MP: $20 (100 bb)
      CO: $25.76 (128.8 bb)

MP seems to be a reg, no reads - 22/17, 1.3 AF, call 3bet 2/2cases in 85h
      BTN is a fish, 25/0 in 12h

Preflop: Hero is BB with K A
      UTG calls $0.20, MP raises to $0.90, CO folds, BTN calls $0.90, SB calls $0.80, Hero raises to $4, UTG folds, MP calls $3.10, BTN calls $3.10, SB folds

Flop: ($13.10) K 7 T (3 players)
      Hero bets $6.55, MP raises to $16 and is all-in, BTN calls $4 and is all-in, Hero ?

Pre, is my raise size ok? I want to make it big enough so that I take it down, but at the same time, not invest too much in case I get called and don't hit.

Flop: I decide to cBet like half to maybe still get called by QQ, JJ and because MP would only bet his strong hands (>TPTK) and I don't want to see cards that could ruin my action.

After he shoves, can I still call (I need >16% equity) ?

What's your opinion on the hand?
      ty
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi NightShadePMC

Preflop: looks fine to me. What's your plan if MP shoves?

Postflop: What do you expect MP to shove? Take that into equilab and see how you do versus it.

What range do you expect him to call first in (preflop)? I'd say AK is a possibility, even KQs, and of course TT/77 sometimes along with AQhh.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi NightShadePMC

Preflop: looks fine to me. What's your plan if MP shoves?

Postflop: What do you expect MP to shove? Take that into equilab and see how you do versus it.

What range do you expect him to call first in (preflop)? I'd say AK is a possibility, even KQs, and of course TT/77 sometimes along with AQhh.
      first of all, thanks for being so thorough with your replies

Board: K:diamond: 7:heart: T:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    34.16%  17.99%  16.18% { AsKh }
      MP3    65.84%  49.66%  16.18% { AA, TT, 77, AKs, KQs, AhQh, AKo }

Yeah, it seems my decision is correct on the flop.

About preflop, if MP shoves, I am thinking he can have a slightly wider range because my squeeze can seem a bluff with all the dead money in the pot.
      So yeah, I am calling his shove. Is it ok?

P.S. also added AA in his range on the flop (that's what he ended up having)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If he shoves and everyone folds to us we need to call $16 into a pot of about $42 or so (without counting rake).

So we still need 38% which we just about have even if he just shoves AK, QQ+.

After counting rake and what not it's more like 40% equity needed but as you said he could even ship some AQs.