[NL20-NL50] NL20 Speed QQ

• Mantinis99
      Mantinis99
      Bronze
      Only 40 hands on villain 22/17, hes is 100bb deep, HEM2 doesn't show his stack properly.

The only hand I beat on the turn is AJ with A of spades, so fold is the best option I think. I am not sure if the bet on the turn is good, but if I check and he bets, what then ?

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Converted at http://www.handhistoryconverter.com

BB ($9.98)
      UTG ($21.06)
      MP ($25.11)
      CO ($11.80)
      Button ($13.99)
      Hero (SB) ($28.29)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG bets $0.40, 2 folds, Button calls $0.40, Hero raises $2.00, 2 folds, Button calls $1.60

Flop: ($4.60) 6:club: , 2:spade: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, Button calls $2.30

Turn: ($9.20) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, Button raises $13.40 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $19.20
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Turn spot is dependent on villain. What range do you think he defends preflop with? What is his fold to 3bet %?

If you think he defends a wide range (given he has position), he has the flush a lot more often. But he could also have a bunch of random floats (maybe with backdoor draws like AsQ or KcTc).

Someone with a wider range may also have KJs QJs JTs and AJs (and AJo?). That would make betting turn more appealing.

Against a tighter range, you are either against sets, some AsJs AsQs KsQs or mid pocket pairs. So I think if you bet the Turn he just folds his mid pairs and continues with better.

1) vs loose guys: they have more JX hands which can continue calling you down so betting is more appealing
      2) vs tight guys: they have very few JX hands. It´s hard for them to call a 2nd barrel when 3rd flush card hits and they only have 2nd pair. They may have some Ace high floats like AQ though. I check and most likely call to induce some bluffs (weak made hands turned into bluffs OR flop floats)

Assuming this guy is on the tighter side (22/17), I think cc is fine.
    • Mantinis99
      Mantinis99
      Bronze
      I think preflop he calls some mid pocket pairs, broadways, maybe T9s. I have only 40 hands on him, so hes basically unknown. Once he raises the turn I am pretty sure I am beat and can easily fold. But for example if I check/call the turn and he ships the river, wouldn't that be more difficult decision?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      just because the decision becomes more difficult doesn´t necessarily mean that it is the worse play. it will get tricky, but you could just call again and hope for the best (that he continues barreling as a bluff). see what he has, gain some reads, and move on after that.

If there´s no value in a bet, you should not bet. It´s exactly like those plays where you raise to see where you are at. Putting in more money and achieving nothing besides letting your opponent tell you when you are beat, and not giving them the chance to bluff you.