BTN: 115.16 BB
      SB: 45.48 BB
      BB: 171.48 BB
      UTG: 125.84 BB
      Hero (MP): 100.4 BB
      CO: 234.48 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:club: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: (21.4 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond: 8:heart: K:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 13 BB, Hero calls 13 BB

Turn: (47.4 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 29 BB, fold

BTN wins 45.04 BB

250 hands, 28 VPiP 20 PFR, 3bet 9%. cbet 4/4 flop, turn no info

I call because of his high 3bet to keep his range wide.

I call flop because he always cbets especially on K high, but what about turn? I have no info.
      What if he bets like that and the board is Q high?
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Check his 3bet from BU and vs MP. 9% is not high at all overall if he is super active in blinds.

If he is indeed active enough, I agree with your play.. if you didn't have Ah but Ac or As I think it might be a call given the extra flushdraw bluff combos but I might be wrong. I think calling pre is very marginal giving odds.. You overestimate his bluffing range here imo. I think 4bet > fold > call if my assumptions of him being a lot more active in blinds to get that overall 3bet are correct.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      He is 3betting 9% from BTN, but equally more or less in other positions, it seems he doesnt care about position much.

What is the purpose of 4bet/fold? I prefer to do it with small PP, or suited connectors as bluff, because when he calls I dont have problem playing and sometimes hit nuts. But with AQ, you are almost never good in 4bet.

Anyway this spot is one of the toughest for me, AQ is too weak to fold if villian is 3betting 9%, but if you call OOP, you cant hope to get much value.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      AQ has great blockers and you rarely make an incorrect decision to fold it to a 5bet. Check 3bet vs MP as well please.

Small pairs and suited connectors suck for 4bet bluffing imo.. You reverse block basically since you block hands your opponent could 3bet bluff.

Calling vs 9% is doable but not great. He has position, an uncapped and undefined range. All the ingredients to success. You have a capped and very defined range OOP. Ingredients for disaster. The only way to make money is if he missues the info you give him, in other words, you have a big skill edge. Otherwise it's hard to assume you lose less than the 3bb you invested preflop. Maybe AQs is good enough to call but with AQo you just check/fold often, or check/call to check/fold turn since you have too little equity.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Thanks for explanation.

He 3bets 3% vs MP (1/32 times) and 7% vs UTG, 22% vs BTN

Ok, this tells me enough, I was not considering this before :)

So given the stats, fold preflop, or 4bet/fold?
      The problem with 4bet is that so many people call my 4bet IP, they slowplay JJ, QQ, KK, or even AA, and then I could get in the problem by hitting Q or A.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Vs that I would probably fold for now unless I know vs me he is wider. If he is wider vs Hero specifically, I would bluff 4bet.. he is still not wide enough with that percentage to start calling 3bets OOP imo. Don't forget the pot odds as well. He makes it 10bb with position!