[NL2-NL10] 0.02/0.04 AQs

• mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Gold
      hi,

pre call OOP? BB is a loose fish with 25bb.

pre call?
      turn?

Boss $4.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2054614
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $8.47
      CO: $3.50
      BTN: $6.22
      [b]Hero (SB): $5.24
      BB: $1.06
      UTG: $3.59

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is SB with A :heart: Q :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.14, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.12, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.32) K :spade: A :spade: 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

Turn: ($0.96) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48

River: ($1.92) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.04, UTG folds
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop call is standard.
      I think c/c Flop is standard. Turn raise seems kind of thin despite UTG having a loose UTG range of 19%. So I agree with c/c again.

What is your plan on the river? Would you fold to a raise? Leading is kind of an incoherent line but I think you could possibly try to represent busted draws so it may be a decent play.

Maybe you want to share some of your thoughts on your river play and your gameplan, and what you are trying to achieve.
    • NateMilla
      NateMilla
      Basic
      My thought on this hand

Depending on the villain, is it better to represent the aces and have villain oppose the hand or was the slowplay worth the payoff? Either that or sometimes in the situation im afraid to represent the better hand so I dont collect a smaller pot
    • mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Gold
      my river donk represents busted draw, bluff and so many Ax hands or maybe Kx hands. i do expect raise only with FH, so it was b/f (AT, AJ, Kx would just call). but i think c/c would be also fine.

"Maybe you want to share some of your thoughts on your river play and your gameplan, and what you are trying to achieve."

sorry, i do not understand... could you please eplain?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mcfly10
      my river donk represents busted draw, bluff and so many Ax hands or maybe Kx hands. i do expect raise only with FH, so it was b/f (AT, AJ, Kx would just call). but i think c/c would be also fine.
      I am never bet folding this river here :f_grin: . I would call river shove for sure. I also don't know why don't we raise turn. All Ax hands will pay us all other will probably fold anyway when we bet river so i don't think we miss value by raising turn.

but i am :f_cool: so this is just my point of view:)
    • mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Gold
      in my opinion, I could beat on river KQ,KJs, AJ,Ajs, max. ATs
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      U shuld try to count number of Worse Ax combos in utgs range.

19% open range may include a fair number of AXs but i think it rarely contains ATo or worse.
      So basicallt we beat

AJ
      Maybe a few xombos of AXs

We lose to
      Ak
      Kk
      A8s

I think its rlt hard to raise for value here against this utg range. Maybe it could be fine vs a wider range.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Nvm mcfly ill just explain my thoughts.

I think its hard to get value raising the turn. Same goes for betting river. Its not entirelt the same but we would need him to bet turn with kx (i think many ppl chk back turn w KX) and also to call a river bet.

So i prefer the chk call line. Our hand is too strong to fold and too weak to bet so we cc.