[NL2-NL10] 0.02/0.04 AKo.

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi McFly,

Preflop: Stats are not always enough when looking to make a decision. You have over 800 hands on him so we have to look at also look at how he played versus us and what our recent dynamic is.

Because we don't have that info I can't tell you if 4-bet is better than call but generall speaking, you can go either way. The 4-bet makes your hand easier to play because we 4-bet/call and it usually shows a decent profit (since he has at least some 3-bet bluffs) while calling can be good if we know more about his postflop play and can take pots from him later on, or since he goes to showdown A LOT make him pay us with worse when we hit.

As played I'd like to bet that turn. So we call flop, bet 1/2 on turn and if called bet river as well.

He can take this bet/ck line with weaker Kx that he bluffed and weaker pairs/draws. And since he seems to be a calling station we lose a LOT of value with a check.
    • mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Gold
      ty - clear
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mcfly10
      ty - clear
      What range do you think villain folded on that river to your small bet (anything besides missed draws)?
    • mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Gold
      99-TT, AJ,
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mcfly10
      99-TT, AJ,
      Can we realistically expect someone with a high WTSD like him to fold a pair like that when all draws missed on the river?

I think that villain can easily call 1/2 pot bet (even more) with those pairs and thus we can valuebet versus them.