[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom AQs in Sb calls 3-bet

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.75 (137.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.59 (129.5 bb)
      BB: $7.30 (365 bb)
      UTG: $5.04 (252 bb)
      MP: $1.33 (66.5 bb)
      CO: $1.46 (73 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.04, CO raises to $0.12, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.11, BB folds, MP calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.38) Q 7 A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, MP folds

Turn: ($0.70) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($0.70) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40

Results:
      $1.50 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: Q 7 A 5 3
      Hero showed Q A and won $1.45 ($0.77 net)
      CO mucked 6 A and lost (-$0.68 net)

Only have 5 hands for both Villain, >60 VPIP. With their stack sizes, I regard them as recreational.

PF: I have thoughts of 4-betting my hand for value as they can clearly overplay theirs. But not gonna call 5-bet shove so decided not to. If not, should I even have played this hand by calling?

I'm in the worst position, but I want to get into the pot w both of them w my hand. I can stack off on TP w no worries

Flop: I hit a very nice flop. I decided on a x/r actually. But when CO bets less than 1/2 pot, I decided to smooth call and let MP call behind as well and then get it in on the Turn.

Turn: When MP folds, this time I decided to play x/r as well since I feel the A hits CO most of the time.

River: CO's x behind on the Turn feels weak like some kinda Qx, and also maybe weak Ax so I put out a little more than 1/2 pot bet to make him call.

Feels like I missed out on quite abit of value though ?(
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cheekopeh,

Preflop: if you are not ready to stack off with the hand preflop we are in a bit of tricky spot because after we call the action is reopened to the original PFR so he can 4-bet/shove. Without info though I do agree that 4-bet/stacking off is on the lighter side

Postflop: As played I don't see a reason why we can't ck/raise small (like 0.4 or so) if you still want to keep both in the pot. It's not a big raise and draws/Ax will almost always call anyway.

As played, once MP folds I'd look at take initiative in the hand as CO bet small on flop and there's no guarantee that he will bet again (without any info).