UTG ($3.40)
      CO ($7.90)
      Hero ($5)

Dealt to Hero 6:spade: 5:spade:

fold, CO calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, BB checks

FLOP ($0.20) K:spade: 9:diamond: 4:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds, BB folds

TURN ($0.40) K:spade: 9:diamond: 4:spade: A:spade:

CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, CO raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $1.10

RIVER ($4.40) K:spade: 9:diamond: 4:spade: A:spade: T:club:

CO bets $0.35, Hero raises to $2.85 (AI), CO calls $2.50

CO shows J:spade: 8:spade:
      (Pre 64%, Flop 79.5%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows 6:spade: 5:spade:
      (Pre 36%, Flop 20.5%, Turn 0.0%)

CO wins $9.43

• 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: I rarely see you limp behind especially with only one guy entering the pot and us have absolute position. Why did we limp?

Postflop: I think that playing for stacks with a weak flush is a bit overplayed. What range do you expect villain to play like this? And how many better/worse flushes are there?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Pre i often do this against unknown fishes with low sc-s and low pockets, especially if i expect blinds to join in and not to raise us. Most fishes just never fold.

Postflop his image clearly affected me, plus As was on the board, plus A might have helped make him two pair, his bet size was pathetic too, i just expected him to go broke with mainly worse.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Pre i often do this against unknown fishes with low sc-s and low pockets, especially if i expect blinds to join in and not to raise us. Most fishes just never fold.

Postflop his image clearly affected me, plus As was on the board, plus A might have helped make him two pair, his bet size was pathetic too, i just expected him to go broke with mainly worse.
      Well, let's try to work on his range together.

The key here I think is the donk/min 3-bet (and then call 4-bet) which polarizes his range a lot.

Besides flushes, what other hands did you expect him to do this with?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Maybe

mindonk ? wtf - block or induce

mindonk reraise - set,2p,flush,p+qs,bluff

4bet only call - not flush

river mindonk - not flush

I agree we didn't have much committed but i think we give this guy too much credit.

Mindonk min 3b is a moronic line, and if he plays flush like this he could easily do the same with any other value hand he has.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Maybe

mindonk ? wtf - block or induce

mindonk reraise - set,2p,flush,p+qs,bluff

4bet only call - not flush

river mindonk - not flush

I agree we didn't have much committed but i think we give this guy too much credit.

Mindonk min 3b is a moronic line, and if he plays flush like this he could easily do the same with any other value hand he has.
      Why 4-bet only call - not flush, river mindonk - not flush?

Does that mean that if shoves over your 4-bet you are folding versus him?

Lines like min bet min 3-bet are usually very strong from fish and I doubt that on the 3rd flush he'd raise here with many hands other than flushes. Maybe a poorly played KK/AA/AK but that's about it and even that's a bit far fetched.

We can always add hands in their range just to justify a play and I think we are doing that here. I strongly believe that with a AxYs he would just donk/call your bet there (but then again what AxYs bets that flop 4-way?). Same would go for KxYs and some of his other 2p.

In retrospect we can even raise the turn bigger (first time around).

Edit: Didn't mention this before but if the guy is a maniac or a fish with super random tendencies then I would never fold our hand here (or just call).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He is
      75% vpip
      43% limp
      50% Af
      35% wtsd

Relative aggression (vp*af%)
      0.375 His
      0.04 Standard reg aggro
      0.0725 Mine

He is more aggro than the whole table combined

Obviously he is not going to be a regular and i agree we passing judgement on him bit sooner then we would like but this hand against guys like him usually good enough, sometimes they could even show up with a single king but i am not going to assume that but if he slowplayed anything we have him

Against this range i should go broke
      44,K9s,K4s,QsJs,QsTs,JsTs,Qs9s,Js9s,Ts9s,Qs8s,Js8s,Ts8s,9s8s,Qs7s,Js7s,Ts7s,9s7s,8s7s,3s2s,K9o,K4o

By including almost all flush combo he barely has to have anything beside to to justify going broke.

If he shoves my 4bet i am not folding but him just calling plus blockbetting river made me push river, it doesn't matter actually we are committed anyway, if he had a more respectable image i would have just called his reraise and call river possibly unless he pushes.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Yeh, the problem here is that we base our decision on a very small sample of hands (and AF is useless over a small sample). If we've seen any showdowns that could definitely change things.

For example I've had countless sessions where a fish sits down, gets a bunch of good hands and thus he is aggressive and then, after another 100-200 hands we realize that he is in fact passive and was just lucky at first.

I'm not saying that it's the case here but I do recommend not putting a ton of emphasis on small sample sizes UNLESS we've seen actual lines/showdowns that can back our assumptions.