This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 65s 7

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.51)
      BB ($1.65)
      UTG ($3.40)
      CO ($7.90)
      Hero ($5)

Dealt to Hero 6:spade: 5:spade:

fold, CO calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, BB checks

FLOP ($0.20) K:spade: 9:diamond: 4:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds, BB folds

TURN ($0.40) K:spade: 9:diamond: 4:spade: A:spade:

CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, CO raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $1.10

RIVER ($4.40) K:spade: 9:diamond: 4:spade: A:spade: T:club:

CO bets $0.35, Hero raises to $2.85 (AI), CO calls $2.50

CO shows J:spade: 8:spade:
      (Pre 64%, Flop 79.5%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows 6:spade: 5:spade:
      (Pre 36%, Flop 20.5%, Turn 0.0%)

CO wins $9.43

• 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: I rarely see you limp behind especially with only one guy entering the pot and us have absolute position. Why did we limp?

Postflop: I think that playing for stacks with a weak flush is a bit overplayed. What range do you expect villain to play like this? And how many better/worse flushes are there?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Pre i often do this against unknown fishes with low sc-s and low pockets, especially if i expect blinds to join in and not to raise us. Most fishes just never fold.

Postflop his image clearly affected me, plus As was on the board, plus A might have helped make him two pair, his bet size was pathetic too, i just expected him to go broke with mainly worse.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Pre i often do this against unknown fishes with low sc-s and low pockets, especially if i expect blinds to join in and not to raise us. Most fishes just never fold.

Postflop his image clearly affected me, plus As was on the board, plus A might have helped make him two pair, his bet size was pathetic too, i just expected him to go broke with mainly worse.
      Well, let's try to work on his range together.

The key here I think is the donk/min 3-bet (and then call 4-bet) which polarizes his range a lot.

Besides flushes, what other hands did you expect him to do this with?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Maybe

mindonk ? wtf - block or induce

mindonk reraise - set,2p,flush,p+qs,bluff

4bet only call - not flush

river mindonk - not flush

I agree we didn't have much committed but i think we give this guy too much credit.

Mindonk min 3b is a moronic line, and if he plays flush like this he could easily do the same with any other value hand he has.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Maybe

mindonk ? wtf - block or induce

mindonk reraise - set,2p,flush,p+qs,bluff

4bet only call - not flush

river mindonk - not flush

I agree we didn't have much committed but i think we give this guy too much credit.

Mindonk min 3b is a moronic line, and if he plays flush like this he could easily do the same with any other value hand he has.
      Why 4-bet only call - not flush, river mindonk - not flush?

Does that mean that if shoves over your 4-bet you are folding versus him?

Lines like min bet min 3-bet are usually very strong from fish and I doubt that on the 3rd flush he'd raise here with many hands other than flushes. Maybe a poorly played KK/AA/AK but that's about it and even that's a bit far fetched.

We can always add hands in their range just to justify a play and I think we are doing that here. I strongly believe that with a AxYs he would just donk/call your bet there (but then again what AxYs bets that flop 4-way?). Same would go for KxYs and some of his other 2p.

In retrospect we can even raise the turn bigger (first time around).

Edit: Didn't mention this before but if the guy is a maniac or a fish with super random tendencies then I would never fold our hand here (or just call).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He is
      75% vpip
      43% limp
      50% Af
      35% wtsd

Relative aggression (vp*af%)
      0.375 His
      0.04 Standard reg aggro
      0.0725 Mine

He is more aggro than the whole table combined

Obviously he is not going to be a regular and i agree we passing judgement on him bit sooner then we would like but this hand against guys like him usually good enough, sometimes they could even show up with a single king but i am not going to assume that but if he slowplayed anything we have him

Against this range i should go broke
      44,K9s,K4s,QsJs,QsTs,JsTs,Qs9s,Js9s,Ts9s,Qs8s,Js8s,Ts8s,9s8s,Qs7s,Js7s,Ts7s,9s7s,8s7s,3s2s,K9o,K4o

By including almost all flush combo he barely has to have anything beside to to justify going broke.

If he shoves my 4bet i am not folding but him just calling plus blockbetting river made me push river, it doesn't matter actually we are committed anyway, if he had a more respectable image i would have just called his reraise and call river possibly unless he pushes.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Yeh, the problem here is that we base our decision on a very small sample of hands (and AF is useless over a small sample). If we've seen any showdowns that could definitely change things.

For example I've had countless sessions where a fish sits down, gets a bunch of good hands and thus he is aggressive and then, after another 100-200 hands we realize that he is in fact passive and was just lucky at first.

I'm not saying that it's the case here but I do recommend not putting a ton of emphasis on small sample sizes UNLESS we've seen actual lines/showdowns that can back our assumptions.