This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] ak 7

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.93)
      BB ($3.63)
      UTG ($2.67)
      Hero ($5.37)
      CO ($4.30)
      BTN ($5.43)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.17, CO raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.47) Q:heart: 9:diamond: 4:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55

TURN ($3.57) Q:heart: 9:diamond: 4:heart: 7:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.55 (AI), Hero calls $2.55

RIVER ($8.67) Q:heart: 9:diamond: 4:heart: 7:club: T:diamond:

Hero shows K:heart: A:club:
      (Pre 71%, Flop 55.6%, Turn 75.0%)

CO shows A:heart: T:heart:
      (Pre 29%, Flop 44.4%, Turn 25.0%)

CO wins $8.10

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine. 4-bet size could be larger versus fish (we never bluff in this spot, or shouldn't bluff).

Postflop: Do we have any particular reads on the guy (doesn't seem like we do)? Or have we seen him bet small with a draw/weaker hand?

I can see him playing a Qx or strong hand easily like this so without info I think this is a bit light (calling flop/turn - I do agree that after calling flop, we have to often call a blank turn so the question comes on the flop).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      My reason was he could have aa,kk,qq but half of those are blocked and he might push it anyway pre, jj- might be not that eager to put the money in, and of course he could have qx, but not much.

I couldn't possibly make a range for him, but it doesn't take much for an oddscall agaisnt ak-s 9 combo, 9 combo for qq,kk,aa, him bluffing rarely makes it an easy call.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      My reason was he could have aa,kk,qq but half of those are blocked and he might push it anyway pre, jj- might be not that eager to put the money in, and of course he could have qx, but not much.

I couldn't possibly make a range for him, but it doesn't take much for an oddscall agaisnt ak-s 9 combo, 9 combo for qq,kk,aa, him bluffing rarely makes it an easy call.
      It's an easy call as long as he doesn't slowplay big hands or 3-bet/calls AQ/KQ/QJ. I think that he can 3-bet/call AQ/KQ here and his line is very polarized. Either Qx+ or nothing/weak draw. I agree that middle pairs would most likely not play like this.