[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom QJo

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $0.47 (23.5 bb)
      SB: $3.15 (157.5 bb)
      BB: $1.95 (97.5 bb)
      UTG: $8.97 (448.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $3.15 (157.5 bb)
      CO: $6.85 (342.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.06, CO folds, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 3 J K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, BTN calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.33) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.33) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.32 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.32

Results:
      $0.97 pot ($0.03 rake)
      Final Board: 3 J K 9 5
      BTN showed J 8 and lost (-$0.47 net)
      Hero showed J Q and won $0.94 ($0.47 net)

Villain is 50/17/2.0 after only 6 hands. So pretty much unknown, but w his stack size, fishy as well.

PF: Is this an Open vs a short BU? I only look at the blinds when I decide to open actually. Tighter open if they have shorter stacks. Do I need to take into consideration every player after me?

As played, QT got there on the Turn so I wanted to play x/f if Villain shoves. But when he x and River is a blank, I decided to x/c because he will bet his entire bluffing & value range and I have the 33% equity required to call v his whole range.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cheekopeh,

Preflop: looks fine even with a shorter guy behind us (unless he shoves a lot).

I'm not sure if you have watched some of my videos but in a few of them I talk about the importance of paying attention to everyone left to act.

For example: UTG opens and we are in CO. We shouldn't just look at UTG and decide how to play our hand. First look at BTN then SB then BB because they can change a hand from a call to a fold or 3-bet, or a 3-bet to a call and so on.

Not looking at ALL the guys behind us is like not using all the information we are given.

Postflop: As played are we bet/folding the flop? The rest looks fine and I agree with your line. I expect most Kx to shove flop or at the very least the turn.