NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($6.12)
      BB ($8.28)
      UTG ($5.81)
      UTG+1 ($2.77)
      CO ($3.11)
      BTN ($3.45)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, fold, CO calls $0.55, BTN raises to $1.25, fold, fold

BTN wins $2.30

UTG

CO

BTN
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Interesting line of people and it seems that most of these guys don't like folding to 3-bets.

Is our plan to fold to any 4-bet (UTG included)?

I think that folding to any 4-bet is actually a good line to take without information on the guys. As we've seen before we have to face a pretty wide range (or have a ton of FE) to have a profit in a shove.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Pretty much i wanted a caller then if i hit go broke, btn-s min4bet was very tempting i wanted to call in or push on it but i just let it go, pretty cost efficent raise he did there folding out 170 pot with 110 risk.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Pretty much i wanted a caller then if i hit go broke, btn-s min4bet was very tempting i wanted to call in or push on it but i just let it go, pretty cost efficent raise he did there folding out 170 pot with 110 risk.
      Yeh, however he could have quite a few value hands and we have no idea where we are if we call (we hit rarely anyway and have to fold often) and if we 5-bet shove we need him to call really light or fold a ton for us to show even the slightest profit.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Still i love how fishes do whatever they want, gives them a sort of unpredictability which is a huge advantage.

What limps behind two guys then min4bets a 3b, AND why he just didn't call the 3b as 3rd if he was slowplaying that hard.

Whats his hand ? :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Still i love how fishes do whatever they want, gives them a sort of unpredictability which is a huge advantage.

What limps behind two guys then min4bets a 3b, AND why he just didn't call the 3b as 3rd if he was slowplaying that hard.

Whats his hand ? :)
      We have no idea what's his hand/range in this spot because, as you said, a lot of these guys are unpredictable (at first). That's why paying attention to some of their trends yields good results.

A lot of fish have tells that one can pick on if we pay attention.Some do just click buttons and are so unpredictable that we have to play "face up" but since they usually play much weaker ranges than us it's inevitable that they will lose their money (it may not be in a particular session but in the long term they do).