BTN: 182.72 BB
      Hero (SB): 330.12 BB
      BB: 70.52 BB
      UTG: 174.8 BB
      MP: 100 BB
      CO: 100.4 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, BTN calls 7 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) A:diamond: A:spade: K:diamond:
      Hero bets 9.96 BB, BTN calls 9.96 BB

Turn: (40.92 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero bets 20 BB, BTN raises to 48 BB, Hero calls 28 BB

River: (136.92 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 60 BB, Hero raises to 262.16 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 244.92 BB

44 hands 8 VPiP

Is my call turn fine? To let him bluff or value bet weaker Ax and not to isolate against AK, KK? River I lose only against AK, and I think he would go all in. I pushed, in the case he calls with KK, QQ, flush.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: Looks fine but we have to fold vs 4-bet (against unknown this deep).

Postflop: I like our line here and KK is only 3 combos and AK is only 3 combos as well so very unlikely that we are beat here. On the other hand he can still have some AQ and other suited Ax hands.

On the river do we expect him to call with worse against our shove?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      "On the river do we expect him to call with worse against our shove?"

I was thinking why did he raise me turn and then 50% bet river? I dont think it is pure bluff, or hands like QQ, but probably with fd, or KK. Why would he fold here Ax?
      Also it doesnt make sense for him to bet 50% river with KK, or flush, because he is beaten by any Ax which I almost always have here.
      So it seems to me it was a pure bluff from him with air, because his bet on river and fold doesnt make any sense.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      "On the river do we expect him to call with worse against our shove?"

I was thinking why did he raise me turn and then 50% bet river? I dont think it is pure bluff, or hands like QQ, but probably with fd, or KK. Why would he fold here Ax?
      Also it doesnt make sense for him to bet 50% river with KK, or flush, because he is beaten by any Ax which I almost always have here.
      So it seems to me it was a pure bluff from him with air, because his bet on river and fold doesnt make any sense.
      Yes, exactly. And I doubt that anything besides a split calls us there.

So calling him there is the same EV as a shove however we gain information about his line/range which could prove to be crucial down the road.