Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: K:spade:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) K:club: 5:diamond: 9:spade:
      Hero bets 4 BB, BTN calls 4 BB

Turn: (15.4 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

River: (35.4 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 26 BB, Hero calls 26 BB

BTN shows 7:diamond: T:diamond: (High Card, King) (Pre 39%, Flop 10%, Turn 20%)
      Hero shows A:club: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 61%, Flop 90%, Turn 80%)
      Hero wins 83.04 BB

42 hands VPiP 20, FCB 0.

Is my line ok, for pot control? On that board he cant have draws, so I expect him to float a lot, and bluff turn and maybe river. Should I bet myself river?

Is it ok line with TPTK to play like this on non drawy boards in general? Because in that way floaters will not know if I gave up on turn.

And on drawy boards to bet flop and turn check call river on blank?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Since villain is fishy and we don't know much about him I don't see a reason to deviate from the standard bet/bet/bet line for value.

He can have a lot of Kx hands and pairs like TT-JJ and 9x and can have floats with gutshots/backdoors.

If he is an aggressive fish I don't mind letting him bet turn and river. Also depending on what we think he can bet on the turn we can also ck/raise for value and bet/ship river.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      "Also depending on what we think he can bet on the turn we can also ck/raise for value and bet/ship river."

Is he really going to call that raise and push with TT, JJ,gutshot, draw or weak Kx?
      In general by looking in my statistics, when I get to all in 100BB in non 3bet pot with TPTK, or overpair, almost always I lose. It works only if oppponent is really bad.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      "Also depending on what we think he can bet on the turn we can also ck/raise for value and bet/ship river."

Is he really going to call that raise and push with TT, JJ,gutshot, draw or weak Kx?
      In general by looking in my statistics, when I get to all in 100BB in non 3bet pot with TPTK, or overpair, almost always I lose. It works only if oppponent is really bad.
      Yes, it depends on the fish.

This guy doesn't look to be that fishy so he may not be the main target. However, in general fishy guys won't fold TP very often unless they are on the tighter side or make huge overbets (and even then some don't fold).

Now I may have misread the stats. I thought he was 42/20 but it looks like you put VPIP of 20. What are his actual VPIP/PFR stats in this sample?