Hero (BTN): 295.04 BB
      SB: 25.92 BB
      BB: 30 BB
      UTG: 69.76 BB
      MP: 104.8 BB
      CO: 20.84 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:club: Q:spade:

UTG raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 5 BB

Flop: (15.4 BB, 2 players) 4:spade: 6:club: K:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: (15.4 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 7.32 BB, UTG calls 7.32 BB

River: (30.04 BB, 2 players) K:spade:
      UTG bets 14.28 BB, Hero raises to 280.72 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 55.68 BB

250 hands 21 VPiP, 16 PFR, 4bet 14, FCB 75.

I 3bet here with intention to fold him preflop.

Is my check behind ok, since people fold often on K high? And I dont want to bet 3 streets. This way it induces him to bluff with e.g AJ, AQ since I showed weakness.

Is river overplayed? I dont think he has flush here, given that he calls with strong hands. And he 4bets a lot so probably AK also.
      I wanted him to call with hands like TT, JJ, QQ, since there was paired K and my line looked like bluff.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: How often does he fold preflop to 3-bets so far? He seems to be playing a mid stack type game.

Postflop: If he has a pocket pair I don't think he will fold a ton so I would bet the usual 1/2 pot unless you have any reason to believe that he will bluff often (given the chance). However his range UTG shouldn't be that wide (for bet/calling) so I doubt he'll bluff that often as he's most likely gonna be happy trying to get to showdown.

Considering we only have 40 BB behind we can raise AI (54 BB) or just try a min raise to get those hands that block bet to make a hero call.