$42.89
      MP2:
      $23.90
      MP3:
      $11.82
      CO (Hero):
      $34.27

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, 4.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BU folds, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) 5, 2, 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB folds, BB raises to $3.50, Hero calls $2.25.

Turn: ($9.25) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $6.25, Hero calls $6.25.

River: ($21.75) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $32.39(All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $21.75.

Villain is a reg with high flop c/r, and barrel stats.

His calling range preflop should be pocket pairs and suited connectors/brodways.

On the flop I called because he has a super high check raise flop and he might do it with all sorts of random stuff.

Turn is weird becuase he bets so big, I decided to call and reevaluate on river.

River he tanks and shoves. If he had a straight on flop I dont think he would shove it on river considering the board got paired, he might just c/c.
      Now that the 2 got paired we dont beat pocket 5 we dont beat pocket 2, I decided to fold because I dont see any hand he can do this with that we beat.

Any thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Hefrron,

What range do you see BB calling in the blinds with? What stats do we have on him?

For example, can we expect him to slowplay big pairs preflop and then ck/raise and go to town with them?

If he has a high ck/raise and barrel stats that means he either does that as a bluff a lot or thinner value.

Either way I am not folding here because for example he could ck/raise the flop with a backdoor heart flush like A7hh where he has a gutshot and a backdoor and then fire turn again. And when river misses he is going for the third barrel.

If we were to play against a passive reg where we couldn't expect him to ck/raise let's say TT-JJ type hands or bluffs then I could see your crying fold at the end maybe being ok.

Since he only reps one combo of 22 and 3 of 55 that means that he only needs to have 2 combos of anything else. And I think that since our hand can also look like an overpair (and less like a set) he can still shove A3. Thus no fold from me.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Ok thanks, well I generally dont see nl25 player go for 3 streets esp not when I call on that turn where my range pretty much is a set considering I first call his c/r and then call his big turn bet, I cant see how he can see me folding when he shove river.

Stats wise I dont really have any stats on this guy other than waht I wrote

Maybe I'm just overthinking but I cant see how he can shove that river without a boat considering how bad that river card is for bluffing.