This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo 3bet POt Ahigh

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($17.90) 179bb
      CO ($12.12) 121bb
      cozacu (BTN) ($10.15) 102bb
      SB ($10.63) 106bb
      BB ($10.66) 107bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is BTN K:spade: A:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 1 fold, cozacu raises to $1.20, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: Q:club: A:spade: 4:diamond: ($2.15, 2 players)
      UTG checks, cozacu checks

Turn: 6:spade: ($2.15, 2 players)
      UTG bets $1.20, cozacu calls $1.20

River: 9:diamond: ($4.55, 2 players)
      UTG bets $1.80, cozacu calls $1.80

Final Pot: $8.15

villain unknown but he was more tight than lose.

Flop: I have no clue why i did not bet the flop, i probably though that i can only get 2str of value from a worst Ax, witch in his case it's pretty much limited to AJ,ATs and that i will on turn and river.

Turn: I don't like his donk because I`m not sure he is going to donk AT,AJ in such a spot. I considered fold too weak and went on.

River: Bet is very small so after i called turn i have to call river i guess.

With not much info on the villain but that he is tight, this overall was a horrible play.

If i consider him tight, he`s calling range of a 3bet OOP it's mostly QQ,AK,AQs,(AJs not likely) so that flop is quite bad for me.

How would you play this hand vs a 17/12 af 3.0 (70% ft3bet) ?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop 3betting is good.

I actually don't mind checking back the flop here. I don't think we can play comfortably bet/bet/bet so I think checking back to underrepresent the strength of our hand and to keep the pot small is good.

As played on the flop, both turn and river are fine.

Against a 17/12 guy I would probably not 3bet here at all since I expect his MP range to be rather strong and not to call too much OOP in this situation.
      If we wen for the 3bet tough, I would probably played the same way postflop.

Best,
      Plamen