Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($10.78) 108bb
      CO ($7.02) 70bb
      cozacu (BTN) ($10.50) 105bb
      SB ($9.48) 95bb
      BB ($11.37) 114bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is BTN 3:club: 4:club:
      2 folds, cozacu raises to $0.25, 1 fold, BB calls $0.15

Flop: 8:club: 7:heart: 7:club: ($0.45, 2 players)
      BB checks, cozacu bets $0.37, BB raises to $0.74, cozacu calls $0.37

Turn: 5:club: ($1.56, 2 players)
      BB checks, cozacu bets $1.50, BB raises to $3, cozacu calls $1.50

River: 7:spade: ($6.06, 2 players)
      BB goes all-in $7.38, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $13.44

villain 47/22 af 3.2 riv agg 2.5 (10.0 3bet) 163hands

I think i messed this one up on the turn... i think villain could go broke on turn with 7X here, and especially with 7X where X is a big :club: .

What's the best play here? Should we shove on turn vs his min`raise?

When i think about fish and min`raises i pretty much think about the nuts or a very strong hand, that's why i didn't push the turn, calling i think it's also pretty bad because you`ll find yourself commited on river and you might not get the rest of the money from a missed A :club: x .... anyway it's still possible for him to have 88, or a better flush, reason why he is just min`raising overpair + :club: might raise larger.

Bottom line in my view, there is no call on turn (although i did call, hell know what i was thinking), bet/fold might give up often the best hand... check behind is also horrible giving the possibility of another :club: on river. So I`m getting back at the same question: Is bet/broke here the best move? I think i have to do some equilab work
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa

Preflop I would definitely not open 43s having this guy on BB.

On the flop cbetting is good.
      Once he raises I wouldn't mind folding here. If we think about it, we have 4 high FD which means that we are pretty dominated, also could be drawing dead as well, so I'd prefer to just fold here.

As played, I'd bet around $1.1 on the turn.
      When he minraises it really sucks since fish rarely picks up this line without the nuts, so I think that most of the time we are beat here so I'd just fold.

On the river folding is good.