This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 34s

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.78) 108bb
      CO ($7.02) 70bb
      cozacu (BTN) ($10.50) 105bb
      SB ($9.48) 95bb
      BB ($11.37) 114bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is BTN 3:club: 4:club:
      2 folds, cozacu raises to $0.25, 1 fold, BB calls $0.15

Flop: 8:club: 7:heart: 7:club: ($0.45, 2 players)
      BB checks, cozacu bets $0.37, BB raises to $0.74, cozacu calls $0.37

Turn: 5:club: ($1.56, 2 players)
      BB checks, cozacu bets $1.50, BB raises to $3, cozacu calls $1.50

River: 7:spade: ($6.06, 2 players)
      BB goes all-in $7.38, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $13.44

villain 47/22 af 3.2 riv agg 2.5 (10.0 3bet) 163hands

I think i messed this one up on the turn... i think villain could go broke on turn with 7X here, and especially with 7X where X is a big :club: .

What's the best play here? Should we shove on turn vs his min`raise?

When i think about fish and min`raises i pretty much think about the nuts or a very strong hand, that's why i didn't push the turn, calling i think it's also pretty bad because you`ll find yourself commited on river and you might not get the rest of the money from a missed A :club: x .... anyway it's still possible for him to have 88, or a better flush, reason why he is just min`raising overpair + :club: might raise larger.

Bottom line in my view, there is no call on turn (although i did call, hell know what i was thinking), bet/fold might give up often the best hand... check behind is also horrible giving the possibility of another :club: on river. So I`m getting back at the same question: Is bet/broke here the best move? I think i have to do some equilab work
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I would definitely not open 43s having this guy on BB.

On the flop cbetting is good.
      Once he raises I wouldn't mind folding here. If we think about it, we have 4 high FD which means that we are pretty dominated, also could be drawing dead as well, so I'd prefer to just fold here.

As played, I'd bet around $1.1 on the turn.
      When he minraises it really sucks since fish rarely picks up this line without the nuts, so I think that most of the time we are beat here so I'd just fold.

On the river folding is good.

Best,
      Plamen