BTN: 102.68 BB
      SB: 30.4 BB
      BB: 74.24 BB
      UTG: 51.2 BB
      MP: 120.56 BB
      Hero (CO): 163.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:heart: A:club:

fold, MP raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 5 BB

Flop: (15.4 BB, 2 players) J:diamond: 7:spade: Q:spade:
      MP checks, Hero bets 7.32 BB, MP raises to 14.64 BB, Hero calls 7.32 BB

Turn: (44.68 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:
      MP bets 21.24 BB, Hero calls 21.24 BB

River: (87.16 BB, 2 players) 9:spade:
      MP checks, Hero checks

He is unknown, few hands.

River bet? His turn bet looked like he had something, and is afraid on river against flush
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Why do you 3bet pre?

Usually when MP opens and calls flop, that board is not great for you.. he always has something, unless he defended a hand like 66 and will check/fold. AQ should be ahead of his range so I like the value bet. However, I don't like the sizing. You are deep and the board is drawy, hits his range.. he is unlikely to fol in my opinion.

Against the raise, knowing the board hits his range I would usually fold even vs minraise, without a better idea of his ranges.

When you call flop, tha turn is definitely a call.. Doesn't make sense to call flop and fold that turn so based on flop, turn is fine.

River is close.. you assume you are ahead on flop and turn reasonably often when you call. This means he is bluffing sometimes. What bluffs got there? What value hand checks? What worse hands check/call? What better hands check/fold?

I think checking behind is the better play here, I don't think he check/folds 2pair. If he would though, it's probably not vs small-ish bet, its obviously a shove if you think you should turn your hand into a bluff vs QJ, JJ (such a small range and still kind of strong). Check back is better imo, win a lot, see his hand, adjust, print money.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I 3bet preflop because he seems to be fish 39VPiP PFR 18 42 hands, and I have nice hand IP.

He bluff raised me with ATo, so he had gutshot. So it seems it makes sense to 3bet him with AQ since he calls with so bad cards. As I mentioned in some other posts, people bluff raise in 3bet pots very often with air.

I think on that board on river there is no point in betting because he almost never would raise with AJ, or KQ, or any weaker than mine, and he might do that with KK+ which plans to check call.
      He could bluff me with fd, but I dont think he would try to check raise here, because I will so often check behind. Thats why i checked river.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I 3bet preflop because he seems to be fish 39VPiP PFR 18 42 hands, and I have nice hand IP.

:f_thumbsup:

I ask to make sure you are not doing it at random. :)

Your read you gave in other hands that you get raised in 3bet pots seems to be good on average. Keep it in mind but also keep this in mind: it might be because of your small sizing for the stacks you have so they read you as weak to medium hand, never the nuts.. If you only do this with non-nuts hand it's not great imo. Maybe they just spew now but later they can exploit it well.