$2.16
      CO:
      $1.33
      BU:
      $1.82
      SB (Hero):
      $3.77

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8.
      4 folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, BB folds, BU calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.22) 6, J, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, BU calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.46) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, BU calls $0.24.

River: ($0.94) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BU raises to $0.64, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.26.

Villain is 14/1 AF 1.1 over 430hands

I bet for value on every street, only thing that beats me vs his range is Jx hands, he could have been chasing some draws, vs a river raise I just quit because the board got too connected, he called my turn bet and from my experience river raises are usually nuts...

opinions?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop you could consider just limping due to villain's quite tight range here.

As played preflop, I like betting the flop.

You say that you bet for value here on both turn and river, but then what worse do you think he's going to call here with? Could you name some?

Best,
      Plamen
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      think any Ax, Kx type hands that got low pair on flop or turn could have called, but maybe you are right, this type might not play them out like that

what would be good line here then? with 7 on the turn we will just give out free river card if we dont bet if he was chasing straight, maybe just check/fold on river?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      So I think that we have to focus on one of the main things - the fact that he plays 14/1.
      This means that he limps/calls a lot, but then he only doest it with quite a strong range so we can definitely exclude hands like K6s or 45s.

So my plan on the turn will be to just check/fold since we can't really take value from worse here and I am not afraid of giving free cards since it is unlikely for him to have a drawing hand.