BTN: 156 BB
      SB: 259.28 BB
      BB: 500.44 BB
      Hero (UTG): 132.16 BB
      MP: 148.64 BB
      CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 7 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 19 BB, BTN calls 12 BB

Flop: (39.4 BB, 2 players) T:heart: 6:heart: 9:club:
      Hero bets 16 BB, BTN raises to 33 BB, Hero raises to 113.16 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 100.16 BB

60 hands, 3bet 20, from BTN 3/7. VPiP 18.

Is my 4bet bluff bad here without blocker? I didnt want to call and get in trouble postflop, but I guess it is better to bluff with blockers

Postflop ok push ?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      130bb deep and OOP your 4bet has about 25% chances of success imo. Unless his 3betting range is quite weird or he just never looks at pot odds, stack sizes and your range, he should call your 4bet very very often.

Stack depth changes the dynamic a lot here since he can call the 4bet and 5bet/fold. Knowing you can get called though makes me want to have decent hands in my 4betting range so in this case T9s is decent but only since you expect to get called by a wide and sort of weak range. You basically assume your hand gives you enough postflop equity that you make money vs your opponent, not because he will fold to your 4bet too often.

As played pre, postflop is fine.

Btw, without knowing your opponents, do you think you can open T9s profitably from UTG?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I think it is better to open 9Ts from UTG than AT, KQ and even AJ.
      Because when they call HU I cbet they give me a lot of credit because I am UTG and fold mostly. And if it is multiway, I think it is better to have 9Ts than AT, AJ, AQ, KQ and similar.
      If I get 3bet I need to fold almost always with those hands.

I like more hand 9Ts because when I look at statistics I win the whole stack either with PP or suited connectors, and with AT, AJ, AQ I mostly win small pot or loose bigger.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      All those hands you say you have to fold to a 3bet have blockers to bluff 4bet.

T9s doesn't play better vs a 3bet anyway... Pairs and suited connectors are strong IP, not OOP.

If you lose a lot with Ax, double check your lines, you might be overplaying them.