BTN: 312.28 BB
      SB: 54.68 BB
      Hero (BB): 391.76 BB
      UTG: 81.96 BB
      MP: 141.92 BB
      CO: 112.68 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, BTN calls 7 BB

Flop: (20.4 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond: J:heart: 9:diamond:
      Hero bets 10 BB, BTN calls 10 BB

Turn: (40.4 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 19.2 BB, Hero calls 19.2 BB

River: (78.8 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 37.44 BB, Hero calls 37.44 BB

54 hands 25 VPiP, 16 PFR.

Is my line ok this deep? Would weaker hand call me turn and river except turn fd? I didnt want to risk on turn to get bluff raised because we are so deep.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Do you think he is capable of bluff raising this deep? What range?

I think you can a) cbet and value bet good runouts like this one or b) check and bluffcatch good runouts. AJ no redraw does not seem like the best hand to turn into a bluffcatcher on the turn here... I'd rather have JTdd or some hand that can bluffcatch but also has a redraw so I can handle rivers better. Once you check, it's hard to say.. one of the flushes got there, you block the nut flop flush.. he bets <1/2 pot so TPTK can be a call.

Do you think you can make him fold overpairs with a raise on the river? His line looks a lot like QQ, maybe KK. I assume bluffs bet bigger quite often and this deep any value hand would probably bet 2/3 pot minimum. It looks a lot like sort of thin value OR he is good enough to realize you consider your hand weak and you would fold to bigger bets so he has this sizing with all his range.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      "Do you think he is capable of bluff raising this deep? What range?"

People bluff raise me very often with any hand in 3bet pots, probably because I 3bet around 10%

I agree with your logic, it also looked to me as QQ+ because of 1/2, bluffs usually bet larger to scare me off, and worse hand checks behind.

He had 78o, and thats the reason I played it passively, because I didnt want to isolate against QQ+ by betting one more time
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Did you see hands at showdown?

You can bet/call if they raise so wide but keep in mind you are 300bb deep here. In my experience people are somewhat more honest. For 100bb deep I'd agree they can raise wide but for 200+bb deep at NL25 I haven't seen people actually use stack depth as much as they could.

If you feel uncomfortable in deep stack play you can always just rebuy since you are playing Fast Fold game, just maximize your expectation.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I dont know how day play in general, but against me many people bluff raise in 3bet pots, some of them do it by default (I guess when they dont hit)
      In non 3bet pots, they are folding so much to cbets, or just call, I dont see why they play 3bet pots so aggresive. When they bluff raise they show mostly total air, like this guy 78o, or A7o and similar and they bluff without draws.

I like playing deep because from time to time I play against maniac or fish deep and stack him.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Then consider bet/calling a bit wider in 3bet pots.

Check/calling is also fine but if they bluff raise, you don't have to bet/fold as often. You still bet/fold some hands, just keep in mind they do silly random stuff and play smart like you did here.. He does look like QQ+ like I said, but once you know most average guys bluff with so many random hands, TPTK becomes a call on the river ofc.