[NL20-NL50] 50fr AKo BU

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $42.75 (85.5 bb)
      MP3: $22.10 (44.2 bb)
      CO: $43.15 (86.3 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $56.04 (112.1 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      UTG+1: $53.30 (106.6 bb)
      UTG+2: $80.12 (160.2 bb)
      MP1: $128.46 (256.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      6 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $4.75, Hero calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.75) K 2 T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($9.75) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6.91, BB folds

Results:
      $9.75 pot ($0.53 rake)
      Final Board: K 2 T 4
      Hero mucked K A and won $9.22 ($4.47 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$4.75 net)

VPIP: 12, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 8,8, Hands: 697
      Resteal from BB 12 (17)

Flop CBet 57
      Turn CBet 60
      Fold to 3Bet 75(8)

Flop AF 13
      Turn AF 3
      River AF 4

Called because against his 5Bet I think I'm dead, even if from BB, and at the same time I can't really fold on this spot with AK.
      He doesn't CBet flop, and if he had something I'm almost sure he'd have done it on this board, so I think he's on XF, therefore I take a little risk and give him a free card, in the hope he'll call my turn CBet more willingly with maybe PPs or something like that.
      Turn Bet for value and protection.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Why is it a risk to have another card come? Does he check any draw on Kxx in 3bet pot?

Once he checks, unless he is quite tricky, your only concern is to get max value with your hand. If he check/folds often here, you can indeed check back but it's no risk imo. Most often I bet for value and go from there.. if he calls I get value, if he folds, I found a flop he check/folds in 3bet pot with some of his range.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Why is it a risk to have another card come? Does he check any draw on Kxx in 3bet pot?

Once he checks, unless he is quite tricky, your only concern is to get max value with your hand. If he check/folds often here, you can indeed check back but it's no risk imo. Most often I bet for value and go from there.. if he calls I get value, if he folds, I found a flop he check/folds in 3bet pot with some of his range.
      True that, I didn't think thoroughly on that, but I did say "little risk" for a reason.

Isn't it too probable tho at this point that he's on something either very bad or very good?
      In that case isn't it better to skip flop value to pot control vs monsters and give chances to call?
      Would it be better to do it on river instead?

Because I find myself too many times on the river in situations where I'm probably behind but I have to call anyway for odds or for thin probability of a bluff.

Anyway is my PF good?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      PF is fine, that's why I didn't talk about it. Your reasoning is also fine: you can't get value, you can play IP well.

I usually bet flop here because depending on what he does vs my bet I larn important stuff about his play for long term. Let's say you can bluff him often here. Isn't it easier to learn that when you are betting for clean value than when actually bluffing? If he folds to the bet, you learn that he folds on BBx (B=broadway) as PFR in 3bet pot while if he calls you get value. Don't get too passive with your value hands. If you put pressure reasonably often with bluffs, your value here becomes even cleaner.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      PF is fine, that's why I didn't talk about it. Your reasoning is also fine: you can't get value, you can play IP well.

I usually bet flop here because depending on what he does vs my bet I larn important stuff about his play for long term. Let's say you can bluff him often here. Isn't it easier to learn that when you are betting for clean value than when actually bluffing? If he folds to the bet, you learn that he folds on BBx (B=broadway) as PFR in 3bet pot while if he calls you get value. Don't get too passive with your value hands. If you put pressure reasonably often with bluffs, your value here becomes even cleaner.
      Ok!

What if he raises my bet on flop in this spot?
      It's always hard for me to get that.
      What are the most helpful stats in that case?
      Flop AF?
      W$SD when Raise Flop? or generally W$SD if I don't have enough sample?

It's hard because I feel like I can't assume much, as with points like sets or draws (which aren't exactly the same in terms of equity :D ) generally speaking both roads of slowplay and raise are ok in 1v1 (unless UBER drawy board in which case it's easier to take decisions).
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Check/raise stat and Cbet one.. I think there might be c/r as pfr stat but never used it.

You are just soooo unlikely to get check/raised here imo.. that means it's quite unlikely to be a bluff so I would probably bet/fold depending on his sizing and timing.. I doubt NL50 FR players are capable of having a sicko check/raising range in a 3bet pot here... I found FR players to be more inclined to play 'standard' or better said, honest.. bet their hands, check their air and maaaybe check/raise sometimes but they won't get trickier than a check/raise when expected to bet their value hands and even that is very very rare.