NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($5.67)
      BB ($7.11)
      CO ($3.94)
      BTN ($7.27)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.30) 8:club: 9:club: K:diamond:

Hero bets $0.28, BB raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $1.85, BB raises to $6.96 (AI), Hero calls $3.67 (AI)

TURN ($11.34) 8:club: 9:club: K:diamond: K:heart:

RIVER ($11.34) 8:club: 9:club: K:diamond: K:heart: T:diamond:

Hero shows 9:heart: 8:diamond:
      (Pre 29%, Flop 8.2%, Turn 0.0%)

BB shows 9:diamond: K:spade:
      (Pre 71%, Flop 91.8%, Turn 100.0%)

BB wins $10.59

• 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: OOP I wouldn't steal with this hand against someone like him.

Postflop: Cbet is fine and the size is good but unless we expect him to stack off super light (Kx) our stack off with BTM two is a bit loose. Even draws have decent equity versus our hand.

Have you checked our your equity here against hands that would get it in with us?

Did we have any history?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      No history.

I didn't know yet that 98o is bad for steal against him that is why i opened it at that moment.

Pospflop 88,99 beats me k9,k8,kk is doubtful, apart from that he could have tpgk but no info he would overplay it or not but, he could have a ton of draws and combo draws.

His raise size leds me to believe he raises mainly for fe semi bluff and if i reraise him he shoves. With such a raise most will fold their draws agaisnt him oop.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      No history.

I didn't know yet that 98o is bad for steal against him that is why i opened it at that moment.

Pospflop 88,99 beats me k9,k8,kk is doubtful, apart from that he could have tpgk but no info he would overplay it or not but, he could have a ton of draws and combo draws.

His raise size leds me to believe he raises mainly for fe semi bluff and if i reraise him he shoves. With such a raise most will fold their draws agaisnt him oop.
      His raise was big but the board is super drawy so I see him doing it for value.

If he is unknown I'm even more worried about the big raise when we pot this flop.

Even against a range like 99-88,K9s-K8s,JTs,AcQc,KcQc,AcJc,KcJc,QcJc,KcTc,QcTc,7c6c we only have 41% equity. Taking away the suited K9/K8 bring us up to 48%.
      Even if we add ALL combos of KQ we barely break 56% equity.

So overall it's not really that great of a spot versus unknown where I don't have a reason to expect super light stack offs.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I guess then we should let it go when he reraises
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I guess then we should let it go when he reraises
      I would say yes.

How would you treat KQ or AK (no fd) here? Is there a big difference between them and 89?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I would fold those, however this has a distant advantage over tp by blocking sets 6 combo limited to 2 combo also only 2 maybe possibility for 2 other better k9s,k8s 2pairs.

So 2 guaranteed and 2 maybe combo to beat me 0.19% or 0.37% Max of his loose call lets say 33% range he has roughly one in a hundred chance of having it. Obviously kcxc combo draws not making ev any better or jctc or 6c7c ,qcjc, qctc.

End of the day his raise still represents less than 10% of his call range of which agaisnt we stand marginal but if he is ever bluffing or overpalying we got him. I find it damn hard to let this one go, his agroo is much over average for his vp and he limps too.