NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.97)
      BB ($5.23)
      UTG ($7.01)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      CO ($5.08)
      Hero ($5.06)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.50, fold, Hero raises to $1.10, SB calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.25) K:diamond: 2:club: J:club:

SB bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

TURN ($6.75) K:diamond: 2:club: J:club: J:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($6.75) K:diamond: 2:club: J:club: J:heart: 9:spade:

SB bets $1.62 (AI), Hero calls $1.62

Hero shows K:heart: T:heart:
      (Pre 39%, Flop 49.4%, Turn 70.5%)

SB shows A:club: Q:club:
      (Pre 61%, Flop 50.6%, Turn 29.5%)

Hero wins $9.33

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Looks fine and size looks fine

Postflop: What range do you give villain for calling 3-bet and potting flop with just 1.62 behind?

Since we are not folding our hand why not just shove that flop?

Considering we have 0 FE we still need 42% and I doubt he does this with much worse. So why not fold the flop?

Even best case scenario where he has AQdd we are not doing well unless you expect him to call AJ or worse Kx and pot those?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I am quite sure he knew i could 4bet for bluff, and what would you pot donk on that flop against a bluffy btn ? As far as he knows he might have my stack anyway or least a cbet.

His pot donk felt like "I want you to fold right now", and i did just call with the intention of going broke, if he has nothing as i assume there is no reason to push it i only going to push against better and he might just puts the rest in for whatever reason as he did this time.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I am quite sure he knew i could 4bet for bluff, and what would you pot donk on that flop against a bluffy btn ? As far as he knows he might have my stack anyway or least a cbet.

His pot donk felt like "I want you to fold right now", and i did just call with the intention of going broke, if he has nothing as i assume there is no reason to push it i only going to push against better and he might just puts the rest in for whatever reason as he did this time.
      Do you think he folds anything he pots there with just 1.6 behind?

I'm assuming that best case for us he pots a draw or a pair and in either case it doesn't fold.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I think he thinks my cards could look something like this, with this i am going to bluff his ace high and he will fold, i am not having many kings and probably fold any worse pair than king to this committing bet.

QQ+,AKs,AJs-A2s,AKo,AJo-ATo

Most probably he does not have a king or better pair than king, jj set is the best aj is something but doubt either plays pot donk

JJ-TT,AQs-AJs,AQo-AJo

I don't think he thought about spr he wanted big fe against every ax and worse than kx which shoud limit me to kk+,ak so me having this range QQ+,AKs,AJs-ATs,AKo,AJo-ATo his bluff would be +ev btn vs lose 3better sb i might bluff more.

I was putting high emphasis on his line, was i wrong ?

If he would have played the hand like
      check/call flop
      check (check) turn
      bet river

I would have folded especially with the paired up jack
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Putting emphasis on his line is important however with the info we have we can't accurately put him on a really weak range here.

Almost everything that 3-bets and calls a 4-bet connects with the board in some way so I wouldn't put it behind him to have value here as well.