[NL2-NL10] ZOOM, good board to bet/bet/bet?

• Stedyeddy
      Stedyeddy
      Platinum
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($44.74)
      BB ($47.77)
      UTG ($39.25)
      UTG+1 ($52.22)
      UTG+2 ($47.39)
      MP1 ($56.62)
      MP2 ($130)
      CO ($33.24)
      Hero ($17.50)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, SB calls $1, fold

FLOP ($3) 8:heart: 9:spade: 4:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, SB calls $1.75

TURN ($6.50) 8:heart: 9:spade: 4:diamond: 9:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3

RIVER ($12.50) 8:heart: 9:spade: 4:diamond: 9:diamond: K:club:

SB bets $5, Hero folds

SB wins $11.94

My plan was to play bet/bet/bet.
      I thikn that he have a lot of Ax hands, or midle pokets pair that have to fold river.
      Player is a 14/13.

Play c/f turn could be better?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is ok.

I don't think we have to fight for every pot postflop and if we do this then we have a pretty serious leak.
      So, lets think about villains range here - he just calls preflop, so he is definitely not having the top of his range, so we should exclude most of the Ax hands and the big pairs as well.
      This board pretty much hits his calling range well - he could have some pairs or draws quite often here and if we take a look at our hand we just have Q high with no good backdoors.
      Considering the above statements, I would prefer to just check back and give up here, rather than trying to make my opponent fold something like 9x or 8x which won't really happen quite often.

As played, the turn is on of the worst cards, since it is less likely for him to fold now any made hand at all.

On the river folding is good.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Stedyeddy
      Stedyeddy
      Platinum
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop raising is ok.

I don't think we have to fight for every pot postflop and if we do this then we have a pretty serious leak.
      So, lets think about villains range here - he just calls preflop, so he is definitely not having the top of his range, so we should exclude most of the Ax hands and the big pairs as well.
      This board pretty much hits his calling range well - he could have some pairs or draws quite often here and if we take a look at our hand we just have Q high with no good backdoors.
      Considering the above statements, I would prefer to just check back and give up here, rather than trying to make my opponent fold something like 9x or 8x which won't really happen quite often.

As played, the turn is on of the worst cards, since it is less likely for him to fold now any made hand at all.

On the river folding is good.

Best,
      Plamen
      nothing more to add. Exelent evaluation. Ty :s_grin: