[NL20-NL50] nl25 AA sh NUTZ multiway

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      CUT

Will try and push mey off the hand postflop if senses weakness.

BUT

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $25.35
      UTG: $44.47
      Hero (MP): $25.00
      CO: $90.76
      BTN: $26.95
      SB: $25.31

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:spade: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO raises to $2.50, BTN raises to $5.00, fold, fold, Hero calls $4.25, CO calls $2.50

Flop: ($15.35, 3 players) 9:spade: 8:heart: A:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($15.35, 3 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.75, BTN calls $5.75, Hero calls $5.75

River: ($32.60, 3 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero bets $14.25 and is all-in, fold, BTN calls $14.25

Hero shows A:spade: A:club: (Full House, Aces full of Nines) (Pre 93%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      BTN shows A:diamond: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 7%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $59.10

Tough out of position on the turn and river. Ideally I would like to let CUT bet again with his trash, but I thought I'd be losing too much value from BUT by not leading out or raising the turn, if CUT decides not to bet.
  • 5 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Pre flop call is fine to induce Co to call.

Flop is no good multi way with 2 middling cards and a flush draw and I would bet out. The exception here is if you are very sure Co or bu is going to bet then I will plan a check raise. I will prefer slow playing in a dryer board like k55 or A22 or k52.

When everyone checks the flop they are indicating a lack of interest and you should just bet here. This is a very big leak and you are losing a lot of value here. When many draws like TJ TQ And pairs like JJ QQ or AQ could call

When in doubt value bet, slow playing is the exception and you need good reads for slow playing.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I was almost certain taht BUT would bet the flop and that CUT would bet the turn with 100% of his range.

Plus if I lead out the flop I probably won't even get value from BUT for anything but Ax (which is probably only AQ and AK which i block hard with AA) and CUT will almost certainly not float light.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Since you are sure he was betting I think check is fine.

What is your plan on the flop? Check call or check raise?
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      The plan was to check raise the flop.

The turn I really wasn't sure what to do? Is raising or minraising the turn any different from leading the river? I suppose it's better letting a card come out so a flush or straight or even a set could complete?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      What are you check raising the flop for? for value or bluff? against what hands?

i think raising the turn gets alot more value than leading the river because hands like TJ TQ JQ could find a call.

the question of raising the turn big or minraising - if you minraise, you open the door for mistakes (something i saw in galfond video when he played on stars vs a guy called big4X4), obviously you look so strong but sometimes you induce some spazz from TJ or AX that didnt know what to do and would have folded to a big raise.

- if you raise big, you mostly get calls or folds with the draws, not so good since you have the nuts, or get a shove with hands like trips and full houses which you would have gotten it in with anyway.

that said i prefer min-raising, looks so extremely strong but i dont think they are going to realise it.

when you lead the river the only extra thing calling is a completed straight which happens less than 10% of the time, they usually have 4 outs and thats a bad bet to take.

against full houses or trips i think you get in either ways no matter what line you take.

thanks
      CGF