[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom QQ

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.16 (58 bb)
      SB: $0.75 (37.5 bb)
      BB: $6.38 (319 bb)
      UTG: $1.41 (70.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $2.40 (120 bb)
      CO: $1.54 (77 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 5 K 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, CO calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.35) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, CO folds

Results:
      $0.35 pot ($0.01 rake)
      Final Board: 5 K 6 J
      Hero mucked Q Q and won $0.34 ($0.18 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.16 net)

Villain is 45/27/0 over 11 hands.

PF: Raise for value

Flop: I bet for value vs worse PPs, any 6x, 78 straight draw, Ax, and broadway flush draws like AT, AJ, JT. I have 2 Queens so it's less likely he has a Q.

Turn: I am abit lost here. J is not really a good card as he can turn a Gutshot or he can pair up giving him more equity and makes it hard for me to play OOP. I don't want to give up the initiative here though and get pushed out of the pot. I feel that there's still value in betting vs his draws and his Ax which floated on the flop.

If he has a smaller PP 77-TT with a Club in his hand, then I'm not sure if it's right to bet though because he will likely fold.

If he calls, I'm gonna play x/c on River if the odds permit. He might have a King. But AK probably 3-bets PF, KJ probably raises on Turn, and I hold 2 Qs to KQ. So he probably has more draws than a King.
  • 2 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      feel that there's still value in betting vs his draws and his Ax which floated on the flop.

There's no value in betting vs Ax.

I think we are turning our hand into a bluff, which will never work. If you have pocket deuces, do you still bet for value against draws on AdTd7c board? To bet for protection, you first need a good hand to protect.

On the river we don't know enough about the opponent, to assume that he bluffs with busted draws and always raises the turn with 2P. He also has 12 KT and 6 KQ.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Turn bet serves no purpose as th334 pointed out. So u check and decide on whether to cc or cf. I think u canprobably cc one street