$25.25
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $99.52
      CO:
      $21.19

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, T.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.62, Hero calls $0.37.

Flop: ($1.24) Q, 7, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.24) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75.

River: ($6.74) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.00, SB calls $4.00.

Final Pot: $14.74.

his stats in 65 hands vpip24 pfr21 af4 wtsd42    

I think my bluff was bad ?
      I never bluff all in or bluff 5 bet.
      is there any way to do bluff allin well?
      should I try to play more all in, 5 bet ?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

On the river your bluff has to work 37% of the time however based on his line (small bet size on the turn) he is most likely valuebetting thin a hand like Qx/TT/JJ possibly even 88 and our hand looks weak, drawy because we haven't raised.

So not the best we can hope to fold there is a draw that gives up and if he doesn't bluff the NFD or K high flush then our bluff is close to break even.

I would recommend to consider playing this hand aggressive earlier in the hand. For example raising the flop or turn as a semibluff and then we can continue betting on many turns.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

On the river your bluff has to work 37% of the time however based on his line (small bet size on the turn) he is most likely valuebetting thin a hand like Qx/TT/JJ possibly even 88 and our hand looks weak, drawy because we haven't raised.

So not the best we can hope to fold there is a draw that gives up and if he doesn't bluff the NFD or K high flush then our bluff is close to break even.

I would recommend to consider playing this hand aggressive earlier in the hand. For example raising the flop or turn as a semibluff and then we can continue betting on many turns.
      I have one more question.
      I almost never did bluff all in or bluff 5 bet,is there any way to practice them?
      should I try to bluff 5 bet or bluff all in in a lot of situation to improve my game?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

I have one more question.
      I almost never did bluff all in or bluff 5 bet,is there any way to practice them?
      should I try to bluff 5 bet or bluff all in in a lot of situation to improve my game?
      These time of moves, especially preflop 5bet semibluffs require some history with the villain (example: he 4-bet bluffs a lot).

For postflop it's a bit trickier but you ideally also want to run big bluffs against opponents you have some history with so I would recommend staying away from just running bluffs "to practice" them.

Rather look for spots where you can raise as a semibluff and then continue barreling in spots where you can represent a lot of strong hands while villain cannot (so in other words focus more on the hand reading and these spots will become more apparent).